What's new

The Streets Of San Francisco Season 3 (1 Viewer)

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Jack P said:
"Love Boat" remains the one title that has had HD transferring beyond what's been released but for which we've still seen no new releases since S2 V2. I would hope that with "Fantasy Island" being unstalled by Shout! that CBS/Paramount recognizes that restarting "Love Boat" would be a good marketing move and let fans revisit that "back to back" experience of Saturday nights in the late 70s.
Sign me up!!!!!

Will Green

Grip
Real Name
Will
Richard, Thanks for coming up with the information about "The Mask of Death". It's great news, since one always has to worry about music edits on CBS releases. Here's hoping for more Streets, even if we have to put up with split seasons. I wish this show had the "guardian angel" that Mannix obviously does at CBS.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
It's sheer Heaven for sure to be a huge Mannix fan these days yes, JoAnn must be over the Moon with joy! :)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It is great to see S3 is being released. I have S1/S2 on dvd and watch it from time to time as the story lines are very good. Michael Douglas and Karl Malden complement each other. The only issue is that Keller would never go from college graduate to police detective as you would have to work your way up the ranks.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
One bit of trivia here. When it was shown in Germany they changed Douglas' character name from Steve Keller to Steve Heller, presumably because 'Keller' is the German word for basement and cellar.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
MCCLOUD said:
I love the great location footage on all the QM shows like Streets Of San Francisco, Cannon, and Barnaby Jones. I am a fan also of Ironside despite its extensive use of the Universal Lot, stock footage for San Franicsco scenes, and its very few location scenes actually in San Francisco. Martin was a great producer. Martin spent more money on his shows and the results show up on the screen. Martin insisted on lots of location footage on his shows. While I love Ironside too, there is no comparison between watching beautiful locations footage scenes in San Francisco, and Universal backlot, stock footage, and outdoor scenes not in San Francsico. Quinn Martin and Karl Malden considered the city of San Francisco to be one of the 3 stars or the show-- Malden, Douglas, and San Francisco! Someone else said the Streets of San Francisco provides a great time capsule to 1970's San Francisco and they are right! Since there were not many, if any tv shows shot in San Francisco in the 1970's, if Streets of San Francisco would not have been made think .of the "time capsule" that would have been lost! You wouldn't have seen the city of San Francisco by watching Ironside! LOL Someone else said and I agree you sometimes can just watch the beautiful locations in San Francisco and get caught up in them! Quinn Martin shows like Streets of San Francisco, Cannon, and Barnaby Jones are superior television!
God Bless!
Comparing the look of Streets of San Francisco to Ironside is like comparing Hawaii Five-0 to Hawaiian Eye!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It's too bad that the first SF police show shot on location "The Lineup" from the 50s is likely to never make it to DVD. The few episodes I've seen offer a similar look of the city as it was in the 1950s.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Anyone know what was the first primetime drama to be filmed on location in the outdoors environment? I thought it might have been the 1950s Dragnet (even though it was in Los Angeles).

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
vnisanian2001 said:
Anyone know what was the first primetime drama to be filmed on location in the outdoors environment? I thought it might have been the 1950s Dragnet (even though it was in Los Angeles).
I haven't seen enough of the 50s Dragnet to comment but Decoy with Beverly Garland from 1957 has some great NYC location shooting. Also, weren't there some syndicated shows in the 50s that were shot in Europe?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
vnisanian2001 said:
I think many shows were film in the outdoor environment like Sierra, Emergency, Adam-12, Hawaii-Five-O, etc. The Streets of San Francisco was good show as it had many scenes from SF circa 1970s, especially not seeing the pyramid building in DT SF. The show also had some great scenes of Fisherman's warf, precidio, golden gate park, etc. I like Sierra that shows the yosemite park or hawaii five-o (show hawaii) or Adam-12 show the streets of SF or CHiPs that show highway in and around LA.
The old television had great acting and scripts not like what is created today. Today youth has not experience great acting that was done in the past. Can you name the new action hero or dramatic actor? Where are the Paul Newman's/Robert Redfords/Steve McQueen/Dustin Hoffman/arne/etc?

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Terrific news, it's been a pretty good CBS classic crime drama year so far. Hopefully Season 5 isn't too far behind now and also fingers crossed they will stay in this happy release mood of course, like taking notice of a visibly still high interest in Barnaby Jones for example.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have emailed Revelation Films, asking if they're going to be releasing the third season of The Streets of San Francisco, and they replied saying there were no plans. Only other possibilities would be Acorn Media's UK branch (who are releasing the first season of Father Dowling Investigates) and CBS/P's UK branch.

Am really liking the front cover artwork for the Season Four half volume sets (especially the bottom half of Season Four - Volume One with the Golden Gate bridge.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i have started to watch S1/S2 again as part of the build up to the July 2012 release. I am a big fan 1970s police drama and it was one reason that i consider a career in law enforcement. However, i realize that i like business more and decide to purse a career in business. However, i still have a tied to law enforcement, especially on technology including the gathering of evidence or patrolling or Police Tactics, CSI, etc.

Robert1776

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Blackburn
The Streets of San Francisco was indeed a great show.They just don't make them like this anymore.I really had thought that CBS/Paramount would never produce anymore sets beyond season two,as it's been so long since since the last dvd release.I could'nt be happier on the announcement of seasons 3 & 4 being released this year.They did an excellent job on the audio and video quality.The show looked amazing on dvd,even far better than it looked when originally broadcast in the 1970's on tv.I would guess that a season 5 release is a good bet.That would allow CBS/Paramount to eventually offer a full series release.A few months ago I would have thought the chance of this was slim to none.Great news on the release dates for the series.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Robert1776 said:
The Streets of San Francisco was indeed a great show.They just don't make them like this anymore.I really had thought that CBS/Paramount would never produce anymore sets beyond season two,as it's been so long since since the last dvd release.I could'nt be happier on the announcement of seasons 3 & 4 being released this year.They did an excellent job on the audio and video quality.The show looked amazing on dvd,even far better than it looked when originally broadcast in the 1970's on tv.I would guess that a season 5 release is a good bet.That would allow CBS/Paramount to eventually offer a full series release.A few months ago I would have thought the chance of this was slim to none.Great news on the release dates for the series.
Hi Robert,
I love Streets of San Francisco as a kid. I especially like backdrop of San Francisco. I was in San Francisco in 2005 and looking the images from the tv series took me back to taking the BART and coming up in downtown SF and looking at the architecture. I ate dinner at fisherman's warf and look out into the harbor.
I was always amazed with the chemistry between Karl Malden and Michael Douglas. The young cop with the season veteran was amazing plot lines. I have watched many episodes and there has been some amazing plots. I like the build up the cases and the evidence gathering as part of the case solving. I would rate streets of san francisco with Hawaii Five-O as the best crime shows of their era.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks