What's new

The Steve Guttenberg Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The title of the Stevester's autobiography is Screw You, Oscar! And You Too, Emmy! The Golden Globes As Well! And the People's Choice Awards!

P.S. Your Cat is Dead - damn great movie!

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Hey Brian, just heard that Todd McFarlane is getting ready to launch his new line of Steve Guttenberg action figures. Man, I can't wait to see the 18 inch Guttenberg.

On a side note. Last night I hade the girl of my dreams stop by, and I did just as you said. I poped in Steve Guttenberg, Songs from the heart. It work like a charm, by time we got to song 5) I am Steve, now kiss me. She was all over me. Steve if you ever see this THANKS

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
P.S. Your Cat is Dead
Release Date: January, 2003 (limited release); originally scheduled for October 25th, 2002
Running Time: 92 minutes
Distributor: Small Planet Pictures
Cast: Steve Guttenberg (Jimmy Zoole), Lombardo Boyar (Eddie Tesoro), Cynthia Watros (Kate), A.J. Benza (Carmine), Paul Dillon (Pidgeon), Shirley Knight (Aunt Claire), Frank Medrano (Stanley), Tom Mesmer (Carlos), Kenneth Moskow (Stewart), Tom Wright (Fred)
Director: Steve Guttenberg (feature film debut of the star of such 1980s hits as Police Academy, Three Men and a Baby and Cocoon)
Screenwriter: Steve Guttenberg and Jeff Korn (feature film debuts)
Based Upon: The 1972 novel and 1975 play, "P.S. Your Cat is Dead!", both by James Kirkwood, Jr.
Premise: While a struggling Los Angeles writer/actor, Jimmy Zoole (Guttenberg) is in the middle of a heated break up with his girlfriend (Watros) in the downstairs, upstairs, a gay burgular is breaking in (Boyar). Confronting each other after she leaves, the two men start talking, and the screenwriter starts wondering about his own sexuality... (P.S... when the movie starts, his cat is at the vet with a bladder infection)
Thanks to Upcoming Movies.com for this earth-shattering news!

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
My vote is for Can't Stop the Music. I mean how could I go against a movie starring the Village People:b

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Deat Sweet Hell, now I have to wait even longer. Oh no matter. I hear they had to reshoot many scenes because Steve just made them look too bad. I smell an Oscar.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I say he should consider remaking Billy Wilder's "Sunset Boulevard" Not only should he play Norma Desmond, but Max, her butler and Joe, the troubled unemployed writer. And of course, Cecil B. Demille.
Hey, with today's special effects anything is possible.
"You use to be big."
"I am big, it's the pictures that got small."
"Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my close up.":D

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I've heard that Steve will be playing a Jedi in Episode III! Is that friggin' cool or what? :emoji_thumbsup: :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, I heard they're going to do a bioflick called "The Steven Guttenberg Story". Steve is going to play every character in the movie except for himself, who will be played by Gary Coleman.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Steve really is making a comeback!

Orignally posted by Paul Dalmaine in Movies, from Dark Horizons:

"Police Academy...Yet Again: Moviehole talked with Steve Guttenberg who indicated we may see the return of one of his most famous characters: "There have been rumours of a Mahoney spin-off film for quite a while. I sure hope they do it. If the script’s right – I’m definitely in". As for a new PA comedy? "Definitely. It’s coming. I mean we have to. When it all comes down to it people will look down at the idea, but they’re in the same business of making money too. And that’s what doing another one would all be about".

~T

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Diner
I've heard that due to the rousing financial and critical success of Slap Shot 2, Steve will play the 4th Hanson brother, also Reggie Dunlop's illegitimate son, in the much-demanded Slap Shot 3.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Steve was on The View today, promoting his new movie P.S. Your Cat is Dead which comes out in limited release this Friday. He also confirmed that there will be another sequel to Three Men and a Baby.

He's back!

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks