What's new

The Star Wars Prop Replica and High-End Collectibles Collecting Thread. (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
No problem Brent.
One thing about getting in on the Master Relplicas stuff is that it now makes me want to get rid or return my Hasbro Electronic Sabers. They're still in the box. I might keep the Yoda and Obi Wan ones since there are not plans at this time to release a Force FX version. But the Anakin ROTS, Windu ROTS, and recently OT version for Luke & Vader are going back for $$. No need to have them since I will have the Force FX versions. Tomorrow is the delivery date for the FORCE Anakin and Vader.
Thoughts? I'm not sure what is really called upscale but getting these does make me want to at least have a classy type room decor for it all. Not trying to be snobby at all because I WILL never be able to afford or justify these full scaled limited versions of these mothers. :D
And I'll continue to buy the fun stuff too. Although from everything I've read, people are LOVING the Force FX sabers. Can't wait.
Greg, the Hasbro ARC-170 does come with stickers I guess to give the impression of a battle weary ship? Or you could always crank out the candle lighter thing and torch the sides. "Take that!"
Great shot Jansen. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Dome, just saw the Palp v. Yoda Unleashed. Wow! That is one completely awesome figure! I hope this isn't a spoiler to show:
a7c99330dca0e00ac6c43010.L.jpg

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
OK, another entry for me in the high-end world of Star Wars collectibles: I just ordered a Master Replicas Count Dooku full-size lightsaber that comes with a numbered plaque(out of 3500), velvet lined presentation box and acrylic display case. I saw one of these at Celebration III and knew right then that I'd eventually cave and buy one. First I pre-ordered the Sideshow Vader last week and now the Dooku saber today. Somebody stop me!!!! :D

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I'd like to help Brent, but I will be living a meager life myself because I HAVE to have the following: The GG Vader, the SS Vader, the MR Vader Helmet. Between now and November (when the ROTS helmet ships), I am a poor, but happy, man.
:)
Mark

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I was wondering if there is any full scale lightsabers without blade. Something as good looking as the Master Replicas Force FX line. The problem is that you can not remove the blade from the Force FX lightsabers and the Limited Edtitions are way too expensive.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Sam,

As far as I know Master Replicas is the only company making full scale lightsaber replicas, but as you already know most of them are Limited Editions and quite expensive. The Count Dooku I purchased yesterday is numbered out of only 3500 and it was probably more than I should have spent, but I couldn't help it. I just LOVE the design of his saber and I had to have one for my collection.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Sam,

I think MR has pretty much cornered the market on the full scale prop replicas for LucasFilm. While they are spendy, when one looks at the craftsmanship, they seem worth it...I feel like I have a movie prop when I hold my DV: EPIV limited saber.

From what I understand, there is some funky way to remove the blade from the FX line sabers. But the reason the FX line is cheaper is because they had to modify the replicas slightly to allow for batteries and such.

In fact, I remember someone being pissed at a scam on eBay because a guy claimed to be selling a LE saber, and it was just one of the FX versions with the blade removed.

-mw

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
To those here who have the Vader Gentle Giant on pre-order, any idea when it will be available? I originally thought it was supposed to be out in May, but it looks like that won't be the case now. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of this statue and was just wondering if anyone had any news on it. Thanks.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Brent,

My Gentle Giant Darth Vader shipped via StarWarsShop.com about the same time I was catching the noon showing on Thursday, May 19th. It is supposed to be at my door on Tuesday.

I would imagine other retailers will have it shipping soon, but it may be another few weeks.

Mark

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Wow. Sideshow announced today that they'll be doing 1:1 scale busts with their Star Wars license..

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Mark,
The guy I pre-ordered my Gentle Giant Vader from just e-mailed me and said he should have them in stock Wednesday or Thursday so it looks like this long-awaited statue is finally about to hit the market. I can't wait to get it! :emoji_thumbsup:
Also, I just got my Master Replicas Count Dooku lightsaber yesterday and I can't even begin to describe how cool this thing is. MR does the most amazing work on props I have ever seen--this thing looks like it just came from the Lucasfilm Archives. It comes with a numbered plaque, display case, presentation box, etc. and even though it cost a s**tload of money I can honestly say it was well worth the price. This is a genuine museum piece. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Chazz,
That reminds me of the Predator 1:1 scale bust they made.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/c...904&type=store
If that is $845.00, I can only imagine what they are going to charge for a Star Wars full scale bust.
I guess this would be the ideal situation for a ROTJ Vader reveal to replace the previously released one that never impressed me. I think SS would do a much better job with it.
I also think a Vader bust would be good, but it is soo easy to make one of those yourself if you buy the helmet and chest armor.
I'm curious to see what characters they have in mind. I believe the more extreme chacters, Maul, Vader, Boba Fett, and Greivous would be the best fit for SS, but how many people want a Sidious 1:1 for bust $845???
Star Wars dollars are getting streched thin!

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
'I guess this would be the ideal situation for a ROTJ Vader reveal to replace the previously released one that never impressed me. I think SS would do a much better job with it.'
which previous vader? are you talking about the 1/4 figure?
yeah these will not be cheap, I'm sure, they are really jumping into a lot of 1:1 stuff lately (a hellboy bust and T2 shotgun were announced too)
problem with star wars isn't just the price but that there are so many characters. Predator? you just have predator :D

Tim Maynard

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my MR Count Dooku Lightsaber yesterday.

This thing is a work of art.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Force FX sabers too.

I'm getting an Anakin ROTS and a Vader ESB.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Tim,
Did you get the full-size MR Count Dooku lightsaber that is numbered out of 3500? If so, it really is incredible isn't it? I saw the Dooku saber from the Lucasfilm Archives that was on display at Celebration III and this thing looks absolutely identical to it. This is one of the coolest pieces of Star Wars memoriblia I've ever seen and that's saying a lot with all the SW stuff out there. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks