What's new

The Star Wars Prop Replica and High-End Collectibles Collecting Thread. (1 Viewer)

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
It'll just make it that much more special when you get it Travis. I have the non-sig and love it. I'm not into sigs though.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
My newest addition to the Lounge, Sideshow Collectibles 1/4 Scale Scout w/ Speederbike:
htf_imgcache_26999.jpeg

htf_imgcache_27000.jpeg

htf_imgcache_27001.jpeg

htf_imgcache_27002.jpeg

More pix HERE!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I always get so envious whenever I come to this thread! ;) Awesome Speeder! :cool:
I have a problem that I could use some advice on, the velcro that holds the inside of the dome to the forehead of my Rubies Vader helmet keeps coming off, the sticky backing won't adhere to the plastic and i've replaced it twice using industrial strength velcro. :frowning: It holds for a little awhile and then slowly begins to come off.
Is there anything else that I could use besides velcro that will hold, perhaps bonding putty? I'm not concerned with being able to seperate the face and dome as this helmet will never be worn anyway.
Thanks. :emoji_thumbsup:

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Inspector Hammer! said:
I always get so envious whenever I come to this thread! ;) Awesome Speeder! :cool:
I have a problem that I could use some advice on, the velcro that holds the inside of the dome to the forehead of my Rubies Vader helmet keeps coming off, the sticky backing won't adhere to the plastic and i've replaced it twice using industrial strength velcro. :frowning: It holds for a little awhile and then slowly begins to come off.
Is there anything else that I could use besides velcro that will hold, perhaps bonding putty? I'm not concerned with being able to seperate the face and dome as this helmet will never be worn anyway.
Thanks. :emoji_thumbsup:
Have you tried clear silicone? Not sure if high temps are making the velcro not stick like it should, but there is also high temp silicone you could use. I'd post over at the RPF and ask the guru's there first before attempting anything like that though.
Here's the link: The RPF - The Replica Prop Forum
Hope that helps. :)

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
I would've loved that lego Deathstar when I was a kid!
Hey, guys. Just thought I'd peek into this thread and show y'all my newest Star Wars scale model. It's the inexpensive Finemolds Y-Wing, done up in all her weathered banged-up kicked-around glory. I spent about 2 months working on her, and she took First Place and Best Sci Fi in the local model contest 2 weeks ago. I love the Y-Wing.
100_67550.jpg - Y-Wing - BADONGO
100_6756.jpg - Y-Wing - BADONGO
100_6757.jpg - Y-Wing - BADONGO
Y-Wing_1.jpg - Y-Wing - BADONGO
Y-Wing_6.jpg - Y-Wing - BADONGO
Y-Wing_7.jpg - Y-Wing - BADONGO
Y-Wing_2.jpg - Y-Wing - BADONGO
Y-Wing_5.jpg - Y-Wing - BADONGO
Y-Wing_4.jpg - Y-Wing - BADONGO

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Hey, thanks man!

Believe it or not, that model is only 1/72 scale! Much smaller than the Master Replica version. I gave it an ultra-detailed weathering job, which might make it look bigger in photos.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
It looks really good man. If I had that kind of talent, I could save some coin from going with Code3 and MR for my models. FM has a lot out there that I doubt I'd ever see even though efx is now taking over the SS scale and diecast models.
Here's my latest update (about a couple weeks ago):
htf_imgcache_32265.jpeg

htf_imgcache_32266.jpeg

htf_imgcache_32267.jpeg

htf_imgcache_32268.jpeg

htf_imgcache_32269.jpeg

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Nice to see this thread is still around at the new forum.
*sigh* I am, amazingly, debating whether or not to by the new Sideshow Vader life-size bust.
Aside from the prop replica from Master Replicas, this seems like the most accurate, and with Anakin inside, complete,
although I wonder if the dome isn't a touch flared out.

I expect it will sell out soon, so my debating will need to end one way or another. AAArgh!

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Those are some really nice collectibles! I think my favorite is the trio of Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan/Darth Maul, awesome stuff!

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Thank you Jeff. Yeah, the Duel of the Fates dio is an awesome piece. There are some other dios that are coming too that will blow your mind. Next week the PF Dooku comes home.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/user/lil%27+louie

The other one that still maintains all the distortions and flaws except
in the paint job, which is being called the "idealized" version, which can be seen here:
c523a883_spray1.JPG

Note: eFx is clarifying that the billet sensor on Vader's right side will be blacked as seen in the film
and the billets on the prototype were put there in haste, on loan, for Comic Con knowing they were both
temporary and inaccurate.

Retail will be $899 and I imagine that is for the "idealized" one, which will be mass produced, but in limited quantities,
with the hand painted that that reveals flaws surely to have a smaller edition size and cost more since
it will be for the mega Vader Nerd who actually wants will pay more for one with more flaws applied by hand.

Here are more pictures to drool over:

FILM ACCURATE VERSION:
46d0ea3b_brush1.JPG

e4db6ca7_brush2.JPG

79af952c_brush3.JPG

IDEALIZED VERSION:
d4c4edb3_spray1.JPG

a44824e2_spray2.JPG

c199d544_spray3.JPG

Aside from the Master Replica's RoTS helmet,
this is the closest a commercial version of any Vader helmet has ever been.
Even the incredibly anal types over at the Replica Prop Forum have been reduced
to arguing amongst themselves as to which details are correct and incorrect, which leads me to believe it it so
close as to be pointless to debating for anyone that does not own an electron microscope.

MY DILEMMA is whether to buy the "flaws and all" version or the "idealized" version
since I just paid a pretty penny for a ANH helmet that does have the brushed on paint job just like in the film.

I guess I will wait and see how it looks to compare.

I imagine this one from eFx will sell out quickly.

I am hearing rumors that they plan to take pre-orders before the end of 2010.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Thank you Mark. Some things had changed in the last year, and figured it was time to post up! Have a couple more additions though since the last update, and will get them up soon.

As for the Vader helmet, man, that's kinda a tough one Mark! I think, in the end, I'd go for the "Idealized" version. Unblemished as much as possible. But, damn, that is a tough one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks