What's new

The Spirit of St. Louis 1957 Jimmy Stewart film (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I happen to catch the last 10 minutes of this film on PBS last weekend. I had not seen it since the late 70's or early 80's on TV.I always liked this movie, despite that biopics sometimes get a bad rep. PT-109 and The Great Escape are always favorites of real life events, so I would include this movie among them.I see that there is a 2006 DVD only so far. I'm going to assume because this movie did poorly upon initial release, it's not going to get a blu ray release? The video I saw on the PBS broadcast looked pretty good. Anyone have any thoughts on the DVD or other info? I'd like to try to get a copy before its no longer available. Thanks!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I have heard nothing about a possible Blu-ray release, but who knows? In the meantime, I just checked and the DVD is currently available at Amazon for $4.99, so at that price you won't regret the purchase if comes out on Blu-ray some day.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I'd think there is a chance for a Blu-Ray release, especially if a studio includes this title in a larger collection (box set) of Billy Wilder films.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey thanks guys!A Billy Wilder collection makes sense. And I agree, at $5.00 at Amazon, that's a deal. I guess I was used to the old forum software that automatically made you a subscriber to the thread if you post on it, so I didn't see your replies till now.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Nelson Au said:
Hey thanks guys!A Billy Wilder collection makes sense.And I agree, at $5.00 at Amazon, that's a deal.I guess I was used to the old forum software that automatically made you a subscriber to the thread if you post on it, so I didn't see your replies till now.
The DVD comes with some extras which might not make it to a Blu-ray set, including a Joe McDoakes comedy short and the Speedy Gonzales cartoon Tabasco Road. It also has the theatrical trailer and footage of the film's premiere. A nice package for a price you'd expect to pay at Big Lots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks