1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (Live action)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jeff Jacobson, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Well-Known Member

2. SilverWook

SilverWook Well-Known Member

Bill
    Mr. Merlin, the motion picture? [​IMG]

3. Abby_B

Abby_B Well-Known Member

Did you see the trailer for this yet? It came out back in December, and saw a couple photos of Nic Cage in New York floating around recently too for re-shoots. I thought the trailer looked pretty cool....and I'm sure most people know who Jay Baruchel is by now since he's got a bunch of movies coming out now (She's Out of My League, How to Train Your Dragon and this).

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/thesorcerersapprentice/

4. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Well-Known Member

Saw the trailer before one of the movies we just saw. Didn't realize it was a remake of the cartoon until we saw the brooms and mops cleaning the floor! I think it looks pretty good!

5. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

I went to a movie a few weeks ago. And 2 or 3 of the trailers had movies with Cage in them. I guess he is working hard to pay off those IRS debts. :)

6. Abby_B

Abby_B Well-Known Member

LOL - perhaps. I've been noticing Jay Baruchel a lot lately, actually - feel like all his upcoming previews have been dominating my TV screens recently - especially How To Train Your Dragon. I liked him in Tropic Thunder so it'll be interesting to see how he handles his leading roles these days, especially a big summer blockbuster. Read an interview with him recently, and apparently he loved working with Cage.

7. Abby_B

Abby_B Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd update the thread with the latest trailer and poster. Still looks pretty cool to me - love the effects on the poster.

[​IMG]

8. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Ron
    Well done Disney! This was a fun, totally action packed film with a decent story, some kick-ass effects and sound track. There's some great homage's paid to Star Wars, Indiana Jones and best yet, the original Sorcerer's Apprentice. This one gets an A+