What's new

The Sopranos Season 6, Part II - April 2007 (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i didn't like it :P.as an obsessive compulsive disorder guy, what i started i must finish. i started with season1 of sopranos, i have to FINISH the series off no matter what. been hating the direction it has been going since season3. it just gets worse and worse. how much more avante garde can this series take? this season premiere's star was the lake. yeah i get the pathos and all that crap, but i just don't think it's entertaining anymore whatsoever. yeah T's comptemplating mortal coil, bleh bleh bleh. who care? i'll still keep watching until the bitterest end

RonR

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it was a 9pm Central start...caught it halfway through and just turned it off. Waiting for the replay in a few hours!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'm not a gun enthusiast but if you listen to bobby's gun, it was an automatic. he was such a "pussy" that he didn't trust his skills (yeah we knew it was his first time) that he had to make sure he killed the guy by using the automatic. just a little interesting detail i noticed =P.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I liked it...BUT, it still had the same damn problems as last season. I don't want to see an entire episode devoted to a single story arc...break it up and add elements from the rest of the characters.

Way too many scenes of Tony and Carm just staring off at the lake that could have been put to better use.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had to back up the recording during that crazy game of Monopoly to hear what Tony was singing to upset Bobby, but once I did, I LMAO after their tussle.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
For the first half I was bored outta my mind. I was thinking back to Carm's wasted trip to France.

Anyway, nice to see that A.J. can have a relationship that lasts more than a year. Didn't think he had it in him.

And about that... Why call this season 6 part 2? I mean, this is more than a year later for both us and the characters... Why not just season 7? Was it a way to save on contract negotiations?

mylan

Screenwriter

Well, no it was a semi-automatic, possibly a Baretta 9mm. He shot once and then again to the head to complete the job. What I could not figure out was why he didn't use a silencer since it was a public place and for Gods sake, don't leave the gun at the scene, wasn't he just talking about DNA. Don't get me started about the torn shirt he left behind. This will come back to bite him in the ass.
I think these last nine episodes will focus on the family's eventual downfall and who lives or dies, or fades away across the Canadian border. This is no spoiler but only speculation but what do you think Tony was thinking about when he was looking across the lake? I'll take bets now.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Overall I really enjoyed this episode. Even though, as TwoKings mentioned, it had the same problem as episodes last year just focusing on one storyline I still thought it was quite good. Maybe it was because there was a lot of Gandolfini in this one(which always makes the episodes better) or maybe it's just because the show has been away for a year. Either way, I thought it was a very good start to the season.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

The first thing that came to mind was The Godfather. :) It's a strange connection I know, but something about loud guns scaring away any curious onlookers might be the reason. Or it could be that Bobby was getting sloppy.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
I thought the episode was great. My wife was nervous that Tony was gonna beat the hell out of Bobby with the golf clubs. I still think they are building a strong case against Tony, that may end up with him pleading a deal against the two middle eastern guys who I still say are terrorists.

was waiting for the ducks to land while Tony was sitting out on the dock

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

No, Tony has a way to go before the ducks come back.

Good episode, nice character moments and some great humor. It was also sad, with the resolution for Bobby.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

When you talk about pistols, it's usually called an automatic, even though you have to pull the trigger to fire each shot. Leaving the gun at the scene is done when the gun is otherwise 'clean' and can't be traced back to the shooter. I don't think Bobby was wearing gloves though or otherwise preventing fingerprints. Or using the special tape that Michael Corleone had in the Godfather. :) He also didn't pick up the spent casings.

I don't understand the comment about why using an automatic makes him a pussy nor why you have to listen to it to tell what kind of gun it is. It's plainly obvious from looking at it that it was an automatic and not a revolver. But it's just as difficult to aim an auto as it is a revolver. You can squeeze off rounds quicker and don't have to reload after 6 shots, but neither of those advantages were relevant.

Hayes Preston

Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure I understand the whole "pussy" thing either, pretty much everyone in this series uses an "automatic" pistol vice a revolver, also the sound of the shot does not indicate auto vs. revolver.

Regarding evidence left behind, it looked like he was wearing white surgical gloves, but I also think the shirt fibres are going to come back to haunt him.

Real Name
Brian Timmermeister
What happened to AJ's construction job? It's pretty hard to get fired from a union job, especially if your father is Tony Soprano. He must have quit himself, so either he's just being "stupid AJ" or the pizza place is a front for some illegal operation and he's moving up in the criminal organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks