What's new

The Sopranos Season 6, Part II - April 2007 (1 Viewer)

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay

yeah, Sopranos trailers have always fooled me. I of course and pumped again and can't wait...just over 2 weeks to go.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Here is a link to a story in yesterday's New York Times about the filiming of the final episode:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/23/ny...ref=television

Some possible spoilers:

The article suggests that the final scene may take place in an ice cream parlor with Tony, Carmela, AJ and Meadow. That would likely mean Tony is alive and "life goes on."

There have been articles in the local press here in NJ about filming the final scene in an ice cream parlor in Bloomfield NJ.

Also, AintItCool has word on the first two episodes, with a detailed list of what happens in them. Spoilers aplenty.

LewB

Screenwriter
Mediocre/bad Sopranos is still wayyy better than 'good' just about anything else (IMHO).

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Sam,
Ive read your first spoiler somewhere else as well so I think its true.

I said a the end of S5 I thought the show would end with Carmine, someone Tony can manipulate in charge of NY, and Tony sitting pretty as the untouchable king of it all.

HaigH

Agent
Here is what i think will happen:

The mob war will only escalate with NY and Christopher and his wife will get killed in the process. They will have their child in before then.

Eventually, the Feds come down on Tony. They grant him immunity and he proceeds to sell out the entire New York mob thus ending the mob war.
In the process, he demands custody of Christopher's kid and is sent packing into the witness protection program with Carmela. They move to the Canadian rockies

AJ's girl gets deported to Puerto Rico, AJ joins her and moves to San Juan.

Meadow moves out West and marries the dentist and stays in LA.

Tony's adopted child represents rebirth and the show ends with Tony fishing on a lake somewhere in the Canadian Rockies.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I used to think that as well, but I'm starting to realize I'm just fooling myself with that line of thinking. Even HBO's own 'The Wire' has far surpassed what 'The Sopranos' has become by a wide margin. But all that said, they must be doing something right because I keep coming back.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

It's probably the same reason I keep coming back. It's because the first two seasons were arguably the best dramatic television I've ever seen and there's always that hope that the show will reach those levels again. There have been standout episodes here and there throughout seasons 3-6, but none of those seasons overall have ever been as compelling as the first two. At this point, I just want to see how it all wraps up and hopefully they will go out with a bang(pun intended).

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That would sertainly be in line with the plot driven Sopranos it seems a lot of people would rather see. Last year at this time (or even 2 years ago) many were talking about an eventual NJ/NY war as an inevitable development, factual even.

--
H

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I dont think Tony would ever cooperate with the Feds.

Hes been in trouble before and was ready to take off to avoid jail.

But Tony always seems to be able to get out of tough spots.

Even if hes arrested this season and things look bad - he'll come out ok. He always does.

Ive also felt another possibility for Tony since hes near death experience was to take a lower seat in the organization as a underboss(more like a consigliere). Less responsibilty,stress,less of a Fed target,etc with Christopher taking over. Not sure how Silvio would fit into this. Hed prob keep his title, it would just provide another voice to be there to weigh options.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah, no chance Tony cooperates with the Feds, no matter who he's giving up. That would go against the Tony character we've known since the beginning in every single way.

And Christopher taking over? Puh-leaze.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea the episode from last year that showed how Tony is the only one really capable to running the show (with Silvio ending up in the hospital) threw a moneywrench into my prediction.

But I still think Tony stepping down and taking a less active role in the organization is a possibility.

RyanTSI

Agent
Real Name
Ryan MacInnis
I think they are gonna have tony flip. AJ will get involved into the family or another family somehow and will get into trouble and will be marked for death. Tony will flip as the only way he has to protect him.

Or something similar anyways

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Absolute spoilers, as I've seen the first two eps..

The season opener kicks ASS. Who would know that old threads.. like a gun dropped in the snow.. would come back and kick so much ass. Between that and the fight with Bobby, Season 6 Pt. 2 starts off kicking major ass. What's suprising is that Episode two is even better then the first ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks