What's new

The Sopranos Season 6, Part II - April 2007 (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Saw an ad on HBO for the premiere of the Sopranos' last episodes, and could swear it said April 8 -- which is Easter. I also could swear it said 9 final episodes -- but all this time we've heard 8 is the number.

This is the latest bit of new I could find:
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-so...news-headlines

Anyone know when the final season is really starting?

An April 8 start and 8 episodes puts the series finale at May 27 (which is Memorial Day weekend, so unlikely -- would be June 3). A 9 episode series puts the end June 3 or June 10 -- very late by TV standards.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe HBO is calling it nine episodes because the last episode is double length and they're trying to say that that counts as two episodes? That's nothing but a guess though.

Assuming that Rome runs every week, it'll be over on March 18. So The Sopranos will start on either March 25 (unlikely), April 1 or April 8. My money is on April 8 since Easter is a night when people tend to be home and in front of the TV.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
They recently added an episode during filming because they had some extra ideas while filming.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
It will be interesting to see how this does ratings wise. Part 1 of S6 was, in my opinion, a huge disappointment. I really hope they get back on track because it would be a shame to see this go off with a whimper as opposed to a bang (literally, as in Tony's eventual demise).

Any word on whether HBO is filming multiple endings to thwart any attempts to leak the last episode?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Considering I thought Part 1 of S6 was the best since S2, I will definitely be there. :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

I wouldn't count on that. David Chase is no fan of conventional storytelling, and I do not expect him to wrap the show up neatly at all. He has constantly turned convention on its head, so I don't expect any "crime doesn't pay" moralizing at the show's end, nor do I expect killing of top cast members.

Chase once commented that most shows on TV were meant to make you feel good about your authority figures, which is why there were so many cop shows, lawyer and doctor shows, military shows, etc. He said he has no interest in that. Keep that in mind when thinking about his show and how it might end.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

I see what you're saying and agree with you. I don't care how Chase wraps up the series as long as he does so in an entertaining and riveting way. One of my beefs with S6 P1 was that it excessively focused on Vito which drug the storyline down and caused me to almost lose interest in the show as a whole. The other seasons I thought were excellent, even the oft maligned S3/S4.

Will Tony get jailed or killed? I don't know, but I always thought one ending would be to see a passing of the torch from Tony to AJ (a wimp turned tough). Like father like son and it would keep the theme of "Family".

There have been conflicting reports of whether the series will be followed by a theatrical production. I would prefer not. Besides the fact some of the the main cast is turning geriatric I think the series should be allowed to stand on its own and not become some Brady Bunch style parody of itself.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
One way it could end is last episode is sort of a coda, it's years later and Tony is the old guy who AJ just let's think he's in charge, like how Tony & Junior were.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I know plenty of people had the same criticism but I never understood it. There was only ONE episode that focused on Vito and Jimbo (Johnny Cakes) being together that I could see someone construing as a time waster and it's not like the entire episode only featured them. All the other 'Vito being outed' episodes either had Vito fleeing New Jersey, heading back to New Jersey or being killed.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'd prefer not. This way there is a shot Pt1 and Pt2 end up in the same Sopranos box set :)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

With HBO's pricing, you're probably looking at about $350 for the 21 episodes that will comprise parts 1 and 2. :D

RyanTSI

Agent
Real Name
Ryan MacInnis
The one thing I could see happening is tony being put into a position that makes him choose between his family and the mob. Like aj somehow gets himself involved and is gonna get wacked if tony doesn't roll. Something along those lines anyways

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
A little ominous that the teaser ends w/Carmella saying "everything comes to an end".

Could just mean that the show is ending. Or could also mean the end of Tony's being the boss of the NJ Mafia. But if so, still several ways he could go out.
1. Death my natural causes or a true accident.
2. Being whacked.
3. Going to jail.
4. Going into witness protection.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Watch that shot end up being the last image we see in the final episode. I can see Chase pulling something like that just to screw with everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks