What's new

The Smith Family (1 Viewer)

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I remember watching this TV series which starring Henry Fonda. I haven't seen it in ages. As Henry Fonda is such a wellknown film actor I am surprised that this show has never made it to DVD. Is there perhaps a reason for it?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Well, in no particular order: not enough episodes (39), never syndicated or rerun on cable in the U.S. since going off the air in 1972, currently owned by a company (CBS/Paramount) with hundreds of more well-known shows, no tape elements since the film prints have never been transferred for broadcast. I like the show, although it was kind of an early attempt at a dramedy. The first season open had the Primrose Lane theme song and made it seem more like a family show while the second season had Fonda running around and shooting, emphasizing the cop aspect. I have a few of them from when they ran in England around 20 years ago plus a couple from film. Pretty hard show to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks