1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Smith Family

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ian K McLachlan, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan Well-Known Member

I remember watching this TV series which starring Henry Fonda. I haven't seen it in ages. As Henry Fonda is such a wellknown film actor I am surprised that this show has never made it to DVD. Is there perhaps a reason for it?

2. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Well-Known Member

Well, in no particular order: not enough episodes (39), never syndicated or rerun on cable in the U.S. since going off the air in 1972, currently owned by a company (CBS/Paramount) with hundreds of more well-known shows, no tape elements since the film prints have never been transferred for broadcast. I like the show, although it was kind of an early attempt at a dramedy. The first season open had the Primrose Lane theme song and made it seem more like a family show while the second season had Fonda running around and shooting, emphasizing the cop aspect. I have a few of them from when they ran in England around 20 years ago plus a couple from film. Pretty hard show to find.