What's new

The Sing Off... (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
So, no one is watching this...? I am shocked. In any event, my wife and I have really been enjoying the A cappella renditions that have been put forward so far. The fact that Ben Folds is one of the judges is gravy for me as I have always been a fan. Nick Lachey is a little bland for the host duties for my tastes, but he is doing the job I guess.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I didn't watch because from what I read, most of the acts were wretched. So it wasn't a real show choir competition as much as it was a freakshow. I'm happy to watch AI auditions, but I would tune out if they let the terrible auditioners actually compete.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I watched half of the first episode and was completely turned off by the way there was a commercial break after every performance. Then the one act I did like (the Bon Jovi guys) were voted off in favor of that horrid, shrill girl group from Utah. That was it for me.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I've been watching and am really enjoying it. I'm convinced that nota is going to win it all as they have the best shot at being somewhat commercially successful ala Boys II Men or Take 6.

The Bubs will be a close second but I think a scandal will arise in the last minute involving rufies and underaged schoolgirls...they're too damned Eddie Haskell for my liking.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Can I just say that Nick Lachey is a horrible host. Not only is he stiff and definitely NOT funny, he cannot even pronounce NOTA correctly! It bugs the crap out me. It sounds like he says " No duh" every time he announces them.

NOTA should definitely win this as they are by far the most talented.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Hanson,

I think you would have been pleasantly surprised. Considering you weathered the entire season of "I'm a Celebrity..." I am stunned that you took a pass on this - there are some entertaining moments.
There probably are a lot of commerical breaks but my DVR has completely spared me that pain.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yeah, Nick Lachey wasn't that great and I didn't like how they stretched out the announcements of which group was leaving. Guess that goes with the territory. I found all the groups to be entertaining, but from the first show I was convinced that Nota should win. They got the the second place finisher correct (Beezelbulbs) too. IMHO.

I was shocked that the group called Face (I think it was) exited so quickly and also surprised that the Max Factors lasted so long. We DVR'd it and just finished the last episode tonight. The performances with the stars were very good.

I'm an old fart and definitly not with it so many of the songs I was hearing for the first time. I do like accapella, the Nylons are my favorites.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Most of the acts were decent, but lordy was the production awful. Nick Lachey just seemed uncomfortable all the time, and those absurd slow pans during the announcement of each elimination were almost comical. What were they thinking?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I watched bits of it and the music was fun. I really enjoyed the pieces by the 'bubs. My wife, who no longer watches Idol, liked it even more than me and followed it to find out who won.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks