What's new

The Simpsons: Season Five - 12/21 (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I was watching Burns' Heir today. In the part where they were in the movie theater, after the THX logo, I seem to remember long ago, after the guy's teeth shatter and the man's head explodes, there was another title card that said "The Audience is now Deaf" but it is not on this set. Could it be a possible edit or am I just remembering wrong?

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I'm really enjoying the packaging on this DVD set, just as I did on the season 4 DVD set. I think all of the art on the fold-out must be one of the reasons why there are many months between the releases of each season. I didn't buy DVDs for seasons 1 to 3, so I'm wondering, do they also have great artwork on their packaging?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The first three don't have the artwork all over the packaging, but they have cool art below the discs themselves.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I really thought I remembered it from the Simpsons as well. I can even picture how it looked.

So anyone know if this is an edit or not? Offensive to deaf people? George Lucas didn't like it? I'm an idiot?.........

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I remember it from Tiny Toons as well, and even though I knew it was from there, I half expected to hear the line when I saw The Simpsons THX gag. So you're probably just thinking like I was. It's buried in my subconscious. Whenever I see a THX ad, I think of "the audience is now deaf". It was one of the most memorable Tiny Toons gags.

Patrick H.

Second Unit

I concur. That show was a favorite of my youth, and even though I haven't seen it in years, I still tear up with laughter at the thought that particular joke. The animation of the theater screen going white while various debris and human forms are blown out the back of the theater by the overpowering sound system was utterly hilarious. Brilliant stuff.

As is the fifth season of The Simpsons, of course. Great episodes, another nice set...love the Conan O'Brien commentaries!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks