What's new

The Simpsons: Season Five - 12/21 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I think your question sort of got lost in the crowd there. But to answer it, I'm not sure if they'll switch to bilingual covers where "The Simpsons" are concerned. If they insist on it, the bilingual portion should be on the piece of paper glued to the back of each set. I don't think it should be on the actual box. But, who knows? I'll be happy to have it regardless of how it looks.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
For what it's worth, DVD Soon still list seperate English and French editions for Season 5. Since they were also the first to list the packaging for Day after Tomorrow as bilingual, we might be lucky. But you might wanna keep an eye open for any changes on their site.

Chris

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Amazon scooped the press release on the commentary tracks, and www.snpp.com has the complete list of participants on each track, but the press release reveals in more detail the other bonus material.

Miles

Second Unit
I was looking at DVDSoon today and Season 5 now shows as Jan 1st. The french packaging still shows as Dec. 21st. Hopefully it'll still be out before Christmas.

Wezzo

Second Unit
Jan 1st? That's a Saturday though..

Well, everywhere else still says Dec 21st, so I'll stick by that.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
DVDSoon is a Canadian e-tailer, and so something may be different in Canada. I can't imagine what, though. Probably just a typo on their part, or perhaps the date that they expect to get imported USA copies in. :D

Okay, I just checked with Fox's info system, and it still shows 12/21 for both the USA and Canada. :shrug:

Rodney Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Can't wait for this one. IMO the golden days of the simpsons franchise were Seasons 4 to 7. It's season four where the franchise matured and started to appeal to a more adult audience. After season 7, it seemed to go downhill, season after season. It's about knowing when to quit, trouble is the simpsons team never managed to get a really sucessfull replacement of the ground, futurama ended after 4 seasons. I hope comedy central don't make the same mistake with southpark, which still remains funny on it's 8th season. Although is constantly increasing the shock factor.

Anyone know if there are two different covers for the fifth season (region 1 release)?

When I placed my pre-order the site i always buy from showed a different cover than they do now. Before it was just english on the cover and now they have a new cover with both english and spanish and a different shade of red color.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Has anyone picked up their copy yet? I was going to have this shipped from Amazon, but I didn't feel like waiting till next week. I'm going to go hunt around town today to see if someone will sell me a copy a day early. :D

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

Could someone please explain to me what this means? It's very confusing. So is there French on the Canadian DVD set or not? And if so, where is that French?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

The Canadian version has an extra sleeve that fits over the packaging used for the US version. The extra sleeve has the French on it, but toss it away and you have the same thing as the US version of the set. I think most Canadians would support this move, I just wish Universal/Alliance Atlantis would take notice!

Gord

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna wait and see if someone gets me this for Christmas...I can't wait to see Homer's Barbershop Quartet again.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Got this over the weekend. One of my favorite seasons. You can't go wrong with episodes like Cape Feare and Rosebud.

The animated menus are great as usual. At least 5-6 variations alone on disc one.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Anyone who has it...could we see some scans of the set? It's gonna be tough waiting (at least) four days for this one... :)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I must say that I'm pleasantly suprised that we've now had back to back Simpsons releases (in the same year mind you) without a delay. I like where this is goin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks