What's new

The Simpsons: Season Five - 12/21 (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Nice!!!!

A very pleasant surprise to see this announcement very under the radar and in a relatively short period of time.

Ben_D

Agent
Can anyone checking in here on Season 5 tell me a good way to find a replacement disc for Season 4? My Season 4 Disc 3 stopped working. I tried checking ebay, but could only find complete sets.

James L White

Supporting Actor
no Maggy on side = no sale ;)

Glad Fox is speeding up on this, hope it's not one time thing, 2 per year from now on please :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim O.

Grip
Great News...Season 5 is far and the best of the series in my opinion.

Though I wonder if Fox or Matt Groening is going to edit $pringfield (Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling) because of what happened to Roy Horn.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
That would be dumb, IMHO. I don't care if a joke is now less funny because of an event that occurred 10 years after a show aired. I want these the way they originally aired in 1993 and 1994.

I'm still a little bugged by the inclusion of the Rabies line in "Marge Gets a Job."

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I doubt they will cut it. I think they even eventually started airing the World Trade Center episode back into syndication. It's funny how the Simpsons have been around for so long that whenever something tragic happens, there seems to be a Simpsons episode that mirrors it in some way.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
The WTC episode is always sited as a possible offensive episode, but the heavily syndicated "New Kids On The Blech" has a crazy guy launching missiles at and demolishing a building in what is obviously Manhattan. Thankfully they haven't stopped running this episode.

I haven't seen the WTC episode in a long time-one of my favorites.

Favorite part:

Vendor: We have Mountain Dew and crab juice.
Homer: Ewww! I'll just have a crab juice.

Classic!

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I'm pretty sure that this edit was made before it went into syndication. Perhaps whoever was putting the DVD together did not realize this episode was edited. (The Tourette's line can still be heard in the syndicated version.)

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait for this set. Some of my favorite episodes are on this set. Like Homer Goes To College, Boy Scoutz N the Hood, $pringfield (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling) & the classic ROSEBUD.

Burns: Smithers have the Rolling Stones KILLED

Smithers: But sir thats The...

Burns: I said DO IT.

Thats classic after The Romones play that birthday song DEAR BURNSIE. LOL

Seth--L

Screenwriter
I hope that the James Bond cut scene from $pringfield (Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling) is included in the set.

Bond: At least tell me your plans for world domination.

Blofeld: Oh ho ho, I'm not falling for THAT one again.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

It is one of mine as well, and I can in fact confirm that it has been brought back in to sindication as I have seen this episode within the last 3 months.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Was the James Bond reference that Seth mentioned cut for time or because of copyright issues? If it was just cut for time, I don't see why it wouldn't be included. You can never have too many Bond references!

MikeAB

Grip
The cut was probably made for time. That deleted scene was shown as part of the Season 7 episode "The Simpsons 138th episode spectacular", a clip show of sorts. It is possible that they would include this as a deleted scene on the dvd, but since it's going to be on the 7th season dvd, they will probably just wait for that. This episode also had a deleted scene from "Krusty Gets Kancelled" a season four episode. That deleted scene wasn't included in the season four dvd.

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
I am glad that the release of season 5 will also see the release of "Bart Gets An Elephant," possibly the episode where Homer transforms from bumbling father to complete idiot.

Lisa: "Dad, you're sinking in tar!"
Homer: "Don't worry, honey, I'll just pull my legs out with my hands....and my arms out with my face."

(After hitting a concrete fawn with the car)
Homer: "D'oh!"
Lisa: "A deer!"
Marge: "A female deer!"

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Lol...

As mentioned earlier both of those deleted scenes will appear in that season 7 episode, so I think they will just be seen on that DVD.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Bart Gets an Elephant has a bit that was cut for syndication that I only got to see once. Homer is using cleaning products in the basement and the fumes make him "Trip" and all the logos on the cleaning products attack him. I thought it was funny. Can't wait to see it again with the (finally) uncut "Rosebud"

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
That scene has never been cut on our screens. “Homer don’t scream so loud” *whispering* “ahhh, ahhhh, ahhh” :)

I bought the first season on release date but the episodes are shown so many times in syndication that I haven’t bothered with the rest because of the one per year release pattern. Now that we have had 2 this year it might be time to finally invest in DVD’s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks