What's new

The Simpsons: Season Five - 12/21 (1 Viewer)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Wow, busy TV-on-DVD month in December. And, see, Fox is getting the Simpsons sets out quicker now.

By the way, the six episodes listed as having commentaries are the first six episodes of the season. I really don't think they'd have commentaries for six straight episodes and then none after that, so I think that DVDAnswers was probably sent the info for the first disc but not the other three.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great news! I said in another thread that I thought when Season 4 came out in June that we might see Season 5 by year-end. Glad to see it happen!

Lets try for three seasons in 2005! Woo-hoo!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wow, this is impressive and surprising. It's also a shock none of the other main news sites are running (or the Enterprise information) yet.

Haden

Supporting Actor
6 month span between releases? That's much better than Fox's previous track record with Simpsons releases.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Wow! That means season 7 could be out by Dec '05 and then I would be ALL DONE with the Simpsons!

[runs and ducks for cover]

WillG

Senior HTF Member
That's great that it actually won't be long now at this point for another season. I do hope it is not at the expense of commentaries for 3/4ths of the season, although some won't care. I notice that Al Jean does not seem to be on every commentary this time, so maybe that is why they can crank them out faster.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
"Baby... on board."

This is the great news I could hear tonight, thanks TVShowsonDVD - I saw it there first. Hopefully, my favorite show ever will be coming out at a more rapid rate.

Ryan

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent news! Hopefully there will be commentaries on all episodes, since they're the main reason I buy the sets.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I also hope every episode has a commentary track, for much the same reason as you gave, although I'm glad to have the sets because of the lack of sindication cuts present in them.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

May I join you in the foxhole, Rob? I agree that after that point the quality ratio slips below the acceptability threshold.

However, back on topic - excellent news. It's about time the issue frequency picked up.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I did NOT expect this. I logged on to TSoD as I do every morning, and almost didn't believe my eyes!!! I thought we'd have to wait until April or May before we'd see the fifth season! Excellent news!

I'm glad they're finally picking up the pace with these sets. Although with two sets released a year, it'll still take quite some time to get caught up, but they're definitely taking a step in the right direction. I'm all over this one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks