What's new

The Simpsons Season 18 (2006-2007) (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
My LOL moment with the 400th was Krusty doing the voiceover work for Itchy and Scratchy. Something about the way he said Kablooey just got my gut hurting.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
^^ LOL - I forgot about that. Yeah, that was great!

something like...
"....oh look, it's my girlfriend made of dynamite.....oh wait, I'm don't realize that now"

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Krusty is great! I always laugh when he is on screen.

As for the "24" parody, the best sequence was Jimbo talking to Martin the Mole and telling him to close his split screen. A perfect "24" sendup.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I actually thought the 24 parody was well-written enough that you didn't have to be familiar with 24 to enjoy it. I've never watched 24, and I dug it. Mark, I think you missed out on a good episode by turning it off in outrage over it being such a blatant crossover...your reaction reminds me of Matt Groening being furious over the crossover with "The Critic" years ago. I actually thought The Simpsons trying to pay tribute to the style of another series lead to the show being more creative and entertaining than it has been in a long time. I hated most of this season, but I enjoyed its final two episodes. I especially enjoyed the 20 Years Ago flashback, which, in spite of its silliness, felt kind of poignant and touching.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ocean, the main reason I didn't like it was because it was such an exact parody of 24. I just HATE those high-tension Fox type shows. The 24-style is very annoying to me. Kinda like the way they now do all of these game shows - they all have to copy that "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" style with the dramatic music and underlying drone.

IMHO, it's like waving keys in front of a kid to get it's annention. I just don't care for that, which is why I absolutely hated this episode.

Again, it wasn't the content as much as it was the style. It's too annoying to me.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thought this was a terrific season for the Simpsons. I never would have thought the show would still be on after 18 years, but it's still pretty damn good if you ask me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

yes and the 400th eps with the itchy and scrachty show.

:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks