What's new

The Simpsons Season 17 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode was much better than last week's. My favorite bit was Homer's sign that read 'Death To America' (with the America crossed out) and 'Stamp Museum' in its place.

It's funnier in the episode than how I wrote it:)

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I was looking at the upcoming episodes, and there's one called "The Italian Bob." Does this mean we're getting a new Sideshow Bob episode? If so, YES!!!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, last night's episode seemed better than the one that preceeded it. I liked the cemetary gags, especially how the construction workers were working to make it creepier. Unfortunately, my attention was diverted in the last third of the episode by a conversation that I was drawn into so I don't remember exactly what happened.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It was a good episode; a lot better than last week.

Yes, "The Italian Bob" is a Sideshow Bob episode :)

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
This past week's had some good stuff:

- The O.C. parody :laugh: (if The Simpsons make fun of it, you know it's bad)
- Homer's magazine in the car on traffic ticket: Cat Fancy
- In a similar vein, the Hip Punishments mag (mmmmmm...blended iPod)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Tonight is a repeat, right? Surprised that there would be no new episode already, but I guess they're done until after Baseball.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It was better than the last 2 episodes, but I think they've used up their quota of "Homer and Marge separate" episodes for the year.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

That parody was so lame. I didn't get the point of it... maybe it's just me. There is plenty of stuff in "The O.C." that would lend itself to parody, but it actually seemed like the writers had never watched "The O.C." at all, since none of what was shown was very O.C.-like.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
No one talking about last week's episode? I actually thought it was pretty good. Everyone getting sick because they aren't used to eating vegatables. :D

Jason

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
people still watch this show? ;) :D

----

actually i just started watching it again after about a four year hiatus. no particular reason why i stopped ... just did. considering how long i've been away, i do enjoy watching it again ... but it just doesn't have the same "magic" it used to.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Must have missed it last season. Anyways, it was still pretty good.

Edit: odd to put in a repeat right before going on hiatus for baseball....

Jason

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode was an instant classic, which comes as no surprise considering it was written by John Frink. I think everyone should be able to guess what my favorite joke was.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
"Plagirismo"
and
"Plagirismo di plagirismo"

Forgive my attempts at Italian. :)

Unfortunately, that was the only joke I laughed at (and I find Family Guy to be OK though I'll never understand why it's as popular as it is). For a Sideshow Bob episode, I was hoping for more.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
i'm a big family guy fan, and i laughed my ass off at the plagarisimo joke. love the playful ribbing simpsons have against family guy.

kinda like how when shows make fun of canada, i laugh.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I agree that last night's episode was great, the best yet this season by far. Looking forward to the Treehouse of Christmas stories or whatever the next one is called.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was kind of disappointed that they brought back Sideshow Bob because the last episode he was in, made it sound like it was his last.

The whole "I'm accustomed to your face" bit would have been a perfect ending to his charater appearance.

Oh well, still a good episode. After the Family Guy rip, I started wondering if Sideshow Bob's kid was a rip off of Stewie? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks