What's new

The Simpsons: Season 11 - 10/07 (1 Viewer)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saddlesore Galactica?

Is that the one with the leprechaun jockeys (for lack of a better description)?

If so, I think I've found the season where the series jumped the shark for me.

However, it's been about a decade since I've seen these episodes, so perhaps they'll come off better than they did in '00 and were compared with the then-freshness of Family Guy.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Cover art like that sort of makes me glad that I'm sticking with the heads. lol. Seriously though, I buy them for the content, not the exterior.

The cool thing about seasons 11+ for me anyway is that I have seen very few episodes from any of those seasons. I think I lost interest after season 10 and just stopped watching. So for me, most of these episodes will be new, even if they aren't that good. lol

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I actually don't mind the packaging but seriously, why don't they poll fans about it before the release so that there's not another alternate box fiasco? Staying with the normal couch gag/action design is my preferred method.

This is completely uncreative and bland, but at least it appears to be normally shaped and not a cheap piece of plastic like the heads.

Daniel-M

Second Unit
TVShowsOnDvd now has boxart. While it looks better than the headboxes why did they choose Krusty. There are no Episodes in Season 11 that focus on Krusty. A better choice would have been Flanders considering there is a episode on this season that is huge for him.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
On Krusty's forehead, why does it only say "The 11th Season" instead of "The COMPLETE 11th Season" like all 10 sets before it?

I can't help but wonder if this set is incomplete in some way or form. Perhaps they couldn't acquire certain copyrighted music or what-not. This may even attribute to why it took 14 months for this set to get released.

It's only speculation and I HOPE I'm worrying about nothing, but the fact that the word COMPLETE was omitted from the packaging bugs me. It was actually the first thing I noticed upon looking at the picture. Hopefully David's announcement later today on TSoD will help shed some light.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Well.......I'm not all that crazy about the Krusty head packaging. While I liked the 'head' packaging for seasons 6-10, I wish that they would go back to the couch gag boxes of the past.

However, I am a sucker for 'limited edition' packaging so I'll probably be getting the Krusty head box.

As a side note, this show is about to go into its 20th season. I think it has just about ran it's course.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing that the Homer box art from that Australian site won't be the R1 version, at least not completely, since the side of that box only showed Homer; this one shows Sideshows Mel and Bob. With those two on the side, I'm guessing/hoping we see something more along the lines of the S7-10 boxes but Krusty-related.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
You'd think they would go with members of the Simpsons' extended family like Grandpa and Patty & Selma, or their pets, and then go to non-family members. Or will character popularity determine the next heads. Krusty is one of the show's best characters, but he has little to do in season 11.

I can't wait for the Crazy Cat Lady head box in season 47.

jhro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James

The announcement is up at tvshowsondvd right now showing disc by disc of season 11 and all the episodes are there.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I like the Krusty packaging, I'm glad to see they are continuing with the heads. I want a More and Ralph Wiggum packaging the most, then, maybe, Carl, Lenny, Flanders and Grampa Simpsons
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I'm sorry to see that they dropped the Bit From The Animators feature, where Groening and some of the artists drew over the screen for some scenes from episodes. Can't wait for October!

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie

Ditto. I've got 1-9. May get 10.

11 & 12...pass! they only contain one or two halfway decent eps.

I haven't seen anything newer than a few eps from 13- so I may try future seasons, just for "virgin" material value...but probably only after they've been out for a while and they have them on a good sale, so I can re-sell them, as my hopes of them being keepers are not high. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a long time.....

Zoe

Auditioning
Real Name
Zoe Dachs
What's with tvshowsondvd.com listing commentary by "Male" on most episodes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks