What's new

The Shield: Season Six (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
No, I don't believe Aceveda was ever sodomized.

Question....

I take it the new guy to the Strike Team who had the sexual
encounter that Dutch witnessed is now GONE?

I was sort of warming up to him, and am rather saddened that
they may have decided to drop his character.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Hiatt's gone. I liked the character too since he knew when he had to stretch things or look the other way to stop a worse crime from happening. The actor just got another job on a show but since these episodes were shot a while back, I don't think that had any bearing on what they did with his character on The Shield. I just assume they wrote him off so Mackey could be back in his old job for the last episodes.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I liked Hiatt but I think he pretty much served his purpose and the character was pretty much played out. I think ditching him was probably a good move.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Totally agree. He just wouldn't fit into the mix next season especially if Vic is back running the Strike Team.

I'm also assuming Billings is gone since he's suing the department for $3.4 million to compensate for the "injuries" he sustained. I'll actually miss him more than Hiatt as he was a funny bastard. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Billings gave the show the right level of comedy. His lousy attitude and battles with Dutch would add a good laugh here and there. It sure seems like he's gone but I hope he's somehow brought back in an episode next season.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
The season finale was a let down. I checked my guide to see if next weeks episode was an hour and half also, but much to my surprise THAT was the season finale. Kinda ended with a thud more then a catch your balls on fire, can't wait for the first episode of next season.

Also during the show when Vic was trying to convince Aceveda to give me more time, that dialogue seemed more like contract negotiations then anything else. "I need 3 years not 3 days" :)

The show has its peaks and valleys, but damn if it still is not one of the best shows on TV.

Paul

Brian.L

Supporting Actor
One more crappy bit of fallout from the strike, via Wikipedia:

"The Shield creator, Shawn Ryan, has stated that due to his affiliation with the Writers Guild of America strike, he does not intend to be present on the set of the final episode of the series. He also does not plan to participate in editing the final episode." The link to the message from Shawn Ryan is here.

Ugh. :frowning:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
On the positive side, the new season of The Shield doesn't start until the spring (so the series finale is probably 6 months away) so there's still alot of time for the strike to be resolved and allow Sean Ryan to go back to edit the episodes to his liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks