What's new

The Shield: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tuesdays are tough for me this season, so I've relegated "The Shield" to weekend viewing.

I'm in favor of corporal punishiment when it comes to the character of Cassidy.

It was funny in how it motivated Dani into getting Vic to sign the paperwork to give up all paternal rights to their child, though. :D

Looks like "Beaver" is really growing up to be a true sociopath, let's hope Billings & Dutch get a second crack at him before the show comes to an end.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Why not? He looked at the blackmail box for like 2 seconds when they first seized it, and left it to Aceveda (last finale.) Then this season we see both of them lock it up in that "safe" before Acevada spirited it away. There is no reason to think that Vic sad down and poured over what looks like dozens of folders in between those two events.

Where my BS meter went up is Vic's knowledge of the Armenian genocide. Lem (an established reader) yes. Vic, NO ;)

--
H

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Speaking of that, as a person whose wife is turning the screws on him to have a child, I've been paying close attention to this storyline (not to mention, it's pretty much the only one I can follow). What do you do when your teenage kid becomes insolent and irresponsible like that. Personally, I was worried I'd get my ass kicked if I got out of line like the way Cassidy did a couple of episodes back. But I guess that constitues "abuse" these days. I think Vic was totally justified in the way he "handled" Cassidy in that incident.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Perhaps, but I guess knowing what a schemer Vic is, and how he's always a step ahead of everyone else, it just seems logical that he would have every name in that box lodged in his cranium (even if they don't show him doing it on camera).

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

Just don't do it in front of people, do it behind closed doors, that's what a cop told a neighbor of mine when she spanked her kid outside and another woman called the cops.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I would think even that could be asking for trouble. Suppose you spank your kid for something and the kid goes to school the next day and mentions it to a teacher or a friend and a teacher overhears it. You're probably screwed.

And some woman actually calls the cops because she witness another parent spanking their kid? What a meddler.

Pre-emptive "I thought this thread was about "The Shield" comment

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Noticed in the opening credits that this episode was directed by Chiklis so I wasn't sure what to expect, but he did a damn fine job IMHO. The tension keeps on building with each episode and I'm really enjoying every bit of it as I try to put aside my sadness about this being the final season.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Pretty ho-hum episode until the end. Almost seemed like a filler episode. I do like that Clevon guy though.

It blows my mind every week how poor the video quality is this season. My MiniDV camcorder puts out better quality than this. Apparently it's not just Directv's broadcast of it as my neighbor with Comcast said the same thing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Having watched the S6 DVDs recently, I see no real difference between how the show looks this year and previous years. It's shot on 16mm and it's always looked like crap (and I mean that in the best way possible).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I can't speak to season 6, but I know I watched the first 4 seasons of this show on DVD and the quality was better (but still not great). And I'm pretty sure the broadcast version of season 6 was better than this season since I don't remember it being this noticeably bad, but that's going off of memory.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
While I wouldn't expect(or want) the show to look glossy and perfect like a CSI: Miami I do think they've gone a little over the top with the "gritty" look it has now. It's by far the worst looking show on TV, but after the first few minutes I tend to just put it out of my mind and enjoy the events unfolding onscreen.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Saw the first season. It was ok, but I could never truly get into the show. Mainly because the plan called for so many things happening just right, so much chance and things that the character could not have possibly known beforehand that there was no way anyone could have reasonably thought the plan would possibly succeed. It took me out of the show constantly.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying that that episode was the beginning of the last Shield story arc. Man, I hate Shane and I can't wait to see him get what's coming to him.

I'm very happy that Tavon finally found out that he didn't hit Mara and that he called Shane on it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

...unless Shane gets Mackey first.

Yeah, the beginning of the final arc has begun and it's off to a real
scary start. This week's episode was another home run hit. This
show continues to pound out quality entertainment week after week.

My personal feeling is Mackey will not survive the end of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks