What's new

The Shield: Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Yeah, usually every three episodes or so you see Ronnie sweep the Strike Team room for bugs. I wouldn't mind seeing the Decoy Squad again to get in on some of this IAD busting action !!

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I was watching the show and as it advanced towards what I thought was a tragic climax, I kept shouting "BUT THEY SWEEP THE ROOM FOR BUGS REGULARLY"! Then it happened, and I couldn't believe it. I thought this was the turning point towards the true end.

But then we see it's all a big f*** up on IAD's part. Ol' Kav didn't look so smug and confident then, did he. Neither did Acevada. Glad to see the show is still very smart.

Yeah, I don't think Acevada had anything to do with the Strike Team learning of the bug. In fact, the part last week where Mackey and Acevada meet briefly is probably more important in future episodes. I'm thinking Kav will think that Acevada had something to do with it, though.

Derek K.

Stunt Coordinator
Great show and one helluva episode.

Unfortunately, Chiklis is being to look like 'The Commish' again.

He was on a diet for 4 years. Guess his wife's too good of a cook.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The - Best - Shield - Episode - EVER!

This week's episode was the absolute best
episode I have ever watched.

What a terrific season!

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

I totally agree. It's fantastic to see an already outstanding show get even better.

My wife and I were talking after the ep about how we don't remember being this riveted to a show since the Sopranos first season.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Simply a blast to watch this week. This show is just great on so many levels. The murder of Peaches boyfriend was sort of a boring story, but the main story was stellar!

The Dutch-man has a plan! Hahaha!

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Ooh! Ooh! One other thing!

Did anyone notice Forrest doing his "Ghost Dog" moves? I cracked up seeing him do that stuff. It was really cool.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Spoilers about upcoming episodes.

From Ask Ausiello of TV Guide:

Question: Any scoop on The Shield? Will Julien ever come to terms with his sexuality? Do the writers even remember he's gay, since it hasn't been addressed since Season 3!? — Jess

Ausiello: That's a good question. I'll look into that. In the meantime, one of these actors will not be returning for the second half of Season 5.

Walton Goggins (Shane)
Michael Jace (Julien)
Kenny Johnson (Lem)
Jay Karnes (Dutch)
Benito Martinez (Aceveda)
CCH Pounder (Claudette)

Furthermore...

Ausiello: Sounds like this season's eighth episode is going to be phenomenal. Not only is Anthony Anderson back, but a member of the Strike Team is going to get arrested.

I say it is going to be...

...Lem. He'll get busted for the bag of drugs, just as the scoop above says. Plus he still has to 'pay' for burning the money train money. Notice his participation with the Strike Team is lessening.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Has anybody been able to confirm that this is the last season??? Or will there be a season 6,,,,

keeping fingers xxxxxxxx for a season six

R~

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm wondering how many episodes that they'll air in this run. I know that they're making 21 episodes this season but I think they're only gonna run 11 of them right now. FX's new show Thief (I think that's what it's called) starts on March 28 and so I'm guessing The Shield will be back in the summer or fall with the other 10 episodes from this year.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, I'll be bummed if they only play seven episodes in this run but it won't be that bad if there's already new episodes in April. Maybe they're going to break the 21 episodes up into three 7 episode groups?

Thanks for the info!

Brian.L

Supporting Actor
Also, from that TVRage link, re: one of the questions in the Ask Ausiello column...

"Tina's discovery of Julien's homosexual past adds a whole new level of tension to their relationship."

So there you go.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kavanaugh does seem to operating without any oversight in sight. I mean, who's going to take him so seriously after being lit up by Vic and the gang? Still Kavanagh presses on like Mary Sunshine, stepping on a lot of people along the way, and no one seems to care about his methods. I guess it'll make Kavanaugh's eventual downfall all the more satisfying, but he's going get some body shots in on Vic and company.

That rat trap scene was hilarious and painful at the same time.

Tina just doesn't know when to shut her mouth, does she? Julian was livid after her comments to him.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
This episode was just okay for me - a rarity when most blow me away. I don't know why, the tension with Kavanaugh and Vic's ex-wife was very well done but I just never got into this one like most others. Kind of felt like a lull or breather during a fast paced sesaon.

Vic also seemed less in control in this episode - Kavanaugh stepping all over him and the squad, Corine spending hours being interrogated a room away from him and Shane not taking the lawyer with him to talk to Kavanagh. Normally, he would have never allowed any of those things to happen.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Michael Chiklis did direct the episode, so maybe it was tougher to juggle both roles at the same time. (I keed, I keed)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I think it is going to get really interesting now that the one of the cats have been let out of the bag with the

bag of money that vic gave his wife....

Good episode.. not as fast pased, but that is ok..... Breather... there was some good tension between vic's wife and Forrest........

R~

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Been watching The Shield from the very
first season.

Thus far, this is the best season ever aired and
I give Forrest Whitaker full credit for its success.

Week after week this guy gives a performance that
is just "chilling" to watch. I hope that he gets
nominated for an Emmy. He deserves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks