What's new

The Shield: Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
In the Deleted Scenes for season 4 Danni Sleeps with

That Pawn Shop Informant from Season 3

But they cut all references to this so maybe they are going to restructure who the father is.

Great Show, Whittiker was much better in later scenes, the meeting with Aceveda was wierd, but he came across much better with Corrine.

Is it weird that I Root for Mackey in this show, I'm not sure I should be. But they've pretty much eliminated any sypathetic characters.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

He was referring to a real event. A woman who had been trying pretty much everything to get pregnant actually did use a turkey when she couldn't afford another fertility treatment and it worked. Was a big news story when it happened some years ago. I tried a Google search but all I find are references like the one in the show - the story has become so well-known that people routinely talk about turkey basters for artificial insemination. The original news stories are lost in the background noise.

I like Whittaker all the way through. Very creppy, very effective. Always a treat to watch a real pro work.

Regards,

Joe

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

That is right...... Then it went to "Rampart" then "The Shield".....

Cancer is what me and the wife thought too...

R~

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Great episode.

I noticed that Forrest's acting was...well...odd. He really stood out from the other characters that have been in the show. On the commentaries of the DVDs, they always talk about being very truthful in their acting and his just did not come across that way. I never thought for a minute that he was a creepy guy, just a guy acting creepy.

However, I really respect him as an actor, so I will reserve judgement till I have seen him in a few more episodes.

(And I am sure he really gives a crap what I think of him!) haha.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Another good episode.. Now that lem knows the truth about vic and the shooting, what does everybody think he will do? It is going to be very interesting.

I for see some problems with the trainee... Either her or her T.O. are going to get hurt.... More so then she did in the last episode with the earring being ripped out.

I can't wait for next weeks episode......

R~

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
So far i'm loving the season.

The only thing striking me as 'odd' is the pace of the main storyline of Cavanaugh investigating Vic. Right from episode one we know what's up, then last night Vic now knows he's under suspicion. Are they really going to draw this out all 21 episodes, or will there be some plot twist coming up? Or maybe i'm just watching too damn much '24'. :)

A theory...maybe Cavanaugh is trying to bring Vic down initially, only to come after Aceveda next? I'm thinking this only because Aceveda is the only character left whose 'story arc' isn't fully realized yet for me for this season.

~Jason

Duane R

Second Unit
Cavanaugh's creepiness continues to unnerve me. Now that Lem spilled the beans to Vic, I think Lem's usefulness to the team is dwindling. I doubt they'll off him, but he'll be pushed out. The next big question is what exactly is going on with Claudette?

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Wasn't there a happy face beside Shane's name?

I gotta say that Whittaker's acting was very off-putting. It didn't really mesh with the acting style of the show and kind of pulled me out.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I don't think there's anything wrong with Whittaker's acting. I think the character is extremely odd and off-putting - and is, in fact, always "acting" himself, always playing a part to try to trap others. I think Whittaker is very effectively conveying that.

Regards,

Joe

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think Forrest Whittaker is kinda like Anthony Perkins in Psycho. Not in the sense of murdering people in a shower but the weird quirks that Norman has (especially in the scene where Martin Balsam interviews him). He's messed up but still appears like a regular guy. He even has a goofy/creepy laugh. :)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Did I miss something with shane's wife? She seems alot nicer this season. I thought they were having problems.

My favorite part, don't ask me why, but it was when vic finally meets forrest's character... And the laugh vic puts out........ The fake/tension filled laugh.. Don't know why it just set the tone for me...

Another good episode. I thought for sure the female officer/trainee was going to get hurt....

I am liking the season alot.... Alot...

R~

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thinking there might have been a clue as to who is the father of Danny's baby. Did it seem to anyone else that Ronny seemed pretty enthusiastic when Danny told them that the baby is a boy?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

It seems to me that she's still causing problems since it looks like Shane might sell the team out for his family.

I have such an irrational hatred of Shane's wife, Mara. Every show has a villain that you don't like but there was something about her that makes me nuts. Although I guess that's the point so it's a testament to the actress and writers. :)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I cought the Danny thing too.....

Me and the wife hate shane's wife too.... I just want to reach through the TV and ring her neck....LOL...

R~

Parris

Stunt Coordinator
Im starting to think that Ronnie is the father as well. He was very happy to hear that the baby was a boy and dont forget he started the baby daddy pool so what better way to throw everyone off??

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Question...

Did my Tivo miss THE SHIELD this week?

I thought it was supposed to be on Tuesday nights at 10pm

All my Tivo recorded was American Idol.

Either THE SHIELD was on hiatus this week or it
was a repeat.

Please advise.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Ron,
THE SHIELD was on as scheduled...on FX. Do you manually set your Tivo? If so, you may have accidentally set it to record FOX instead of FX. I've done it myself. It's also possible there was a programming error in your Tivo schedule.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
THE SHIELD is in my season pass. Up until this
week it has always recorded as scheduled.

American Idol ran 8-10pm so I don't see why there
was a conflict.

Is this week's episode of THE SHIELD going to
be repeated again in the nest few days?

Thanks, Matt!

MattHR

Screenwriter
Ron,
I forgot to tell you the episode you missed, "Jailbait",
will be repeated on FX on 1/27 (11 pm) and 1/29 (10 pm).
Times are East coast, but check your listings to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks