What's new

The Shield: Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Duane R

Second Unit
I'm surprised nobody started one yet, so I will :D
With the addition of Forrest Whitaker as an IA detective, it looks like we should be in for a good ride. I wonder if Vic will still be able to stay a step ahead of the hounds for another year.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Will Glenn Close be in this season or was that a one year deal only?

Can't wait for the new season!

Andy

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
No Glenn Close :frowning:

She also needs to get Mackey on the case - she got robbed at the last Emmy's.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I have this image of Mackey in the kitchen of every Emmy voter, holding their faces to the stove, "gently" asking why they didn't vote for Close. ;)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
If this is indeed the last season, maybe they can get Glenn Close back for one more appearance before the end. I'd love to see her call in some markers to save Mackey's bacon at the last minute as a way of getting even with Aceveda and the department. (For that matter I wouldn't mind seeing Aceveda end up doing a stretch in Federal Pound 'Em in the *** Prison. :))

Regards,

Joe

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I hope there is at least one more season.. Isn't this season 4?? I thought they were going to do 5 or 6 seasons???

R~

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The new season is their fifth. And I can't remember where but someone had posted that Dutch boy was interviewed on a radio show and said that they'd planned to do one more year after this and that was it.

Brian.L

Supporting Actor
I read somewhere that this season was going to be around 21 episodes, close to twice the length of the normal season. That could be good, but I've felt that the last two seasons (S4 especially) have been a bit slow-paced, drawing out storylines (money train, the Shane stuff) forever, with less than satisfying conclusions. I almost hope that next season is the last, and that they aren't afraid to kill off a main character or two if that's what it takes to go out with a bang. (As long as it's not Dutch! :))

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Teena (new lady cop) is either gonna die, or be responsible for getting Julian killed in action.

There's something off about Whitaker's acting, just didn't really hit the right notes for me in this initial episode.

Ronnie's definitely come a long way, he was beating the living crap out of the peroxide dude who bonked him on the head at the funeral home.

Mackey's not going down easy, that's for sure.

A promising start to what looks like the end.

I'm thinking Lem is going to string it out, and somehow they turn the tables on the Whitaker character down the road.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Great opener (and so forth)!

I can't disagree more - I thought he was absolutely brilliant. Makes up for the loss of Glen Close and Anthony Anderson - but I want those two back as well! :)

Scott_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Felt so good to have the Shield back again. I found Whitaker's character more disturbing than anything else which may have played into the weird feeling. Solid addition though and just the kind of squirely IAD guy they need on this show. Vic and crew are in for a ride this season.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I gotta disagree with the Whitaker criticism. I found him creepy and a bit scary, which is what I think they were going for. It should be fun watching him and Vic butt heads this season.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Good episode, great to see Mackey back.

Another vote for the Whitaker-was-creepy camp. That first meeting in the safe house with Acevada was really creepy and the whole gum thing was unnerving. If I were Mackey's wife when he showed up at school and pulled that crap, I'd have ran. And not taken the gum.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Hello all..

Looks like another great season of the shield is kicking off. I have to agree with what others have said. Forrest's character is creepy and un-nerving. The scene with vick's wife was really creepy to watch.

Don't like the new girl to much yet. Waiting to see how she plays out.

Over all good first episode, sets the stage for some head butting that is for sure. I really like how they are bringing up the killing of the cop from the first episode.. Tieing it all up.

Can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out.

R~

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I wouldn't be at all surprised if new girl cop was planted there by Whitaker's character... She's certainly playing everyone at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks