What's new

The Shield, season 3 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

He was forced at gunpoint to perform oral sex on a very unsavory fellow. For some reason, people seem to find this more disturbing than the rapist who is systematically targeting elderly women living alone, which was a major subplot in both this episode and the one before.

M.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
You gotta figure that "Fellow" emptied his "Clip" into Aceveda. Pat no wonder you had nightmares last night.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

While I find any aspect of rape to be disturbing, personally speaking the reason the oral got me wasn't so much the act, but the fact that they pretty much included all the slurping, moaning and grunting noises along with it. Not to mention the camera angles leaving very little to the imagination. I probably wouldn't have been as grossed out if they had done it differently, say something like a "what should we do with him?" and then maybe the sound of a zipper and cutting away at that.
I would get just as repulsed if they were to show a scene of one of the elderly women playing the skin flute in such graphic manner as well.

I did find the scene from an episode a week or two earlier nearly as disturbing where they crashed down the door of the home where the guy was in the act of raping a woman after he called the police to let them know what he was about to do.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Michael. I am glad I glad I missed the show, because I wanted to introduce someone (female) to it. It would have been a disaster.

I will catch the replay (alone) next week...

--
H

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

Dave,

You hit the nail on the head...it was the overt detail that made the horror linger too much. A little less detail would have made the "point" and still let us fall to sleep faster. I have enough to keep me awake at night as it is:wink:

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I liked the scene when Dutch was watching his partner(can't remember her name) play the good cop and her talk about Dutch having an Uncle on the force. "She playing a roll, I got here on merit." I thought it was hillarious.

If/when Mackey gets his hands on that money list in Aceveda's office, the Strike Team will be in business.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Season 3 - Episode 6 "Posse Up"

A little different than last week - somewhat of a breather compared to the horror show last week. Comprised of two smaller dramas centered around the main storyline of a rogue effort to save an accused cop.

Was somewhat surprised how quickly Julien fell under Vic's spell and would have killed on his order. I guess if I was a cop, I would want Vic on my side - willing to cap a suspect to save a dirty fellow cop. Looks like David's internal struggles will arc over several more episodes and certainly end up in Vic's lap.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
How much you wanna bet the two storylines will connect? Will Vic blackmail Aceveda into giving up the list?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Overall, an entertaining episode, and much needed relief from last week's tense, taut, and disturbing episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What's interesting is the relationship between Vic and Julien. Remember just 2 seasons ago (not really 2 years of "show" time) when Julien despised Vic, and now Julien would rather buddy-up with Vic to hunt down the guy who killed a cop's wife and child, then play by the book. And now we have Danni, who was willing to look the other way in season 1, is now looking out for numero uno since she was pinned for letting the guy inside the holding cell with a knife to kill waffle-iron-face.

CaseyLS

Second Unit
Just a question, since when have the terms cum-guzzler and cocksucker been allowed on television? I am not saying this to be a prude and I am not offended in anyway, I was just surprised. The first time I heard cocksucker, I thought I was going crazy but I am pretty sure I have heard it at least 3 times this season.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Casey, yeah, I was pretty shocked by the first term, but C'sucker has been used since season 2, I guess when they got more freedom because of ratings? Anyways, last night's episode was a very good relief from last weeks still disturbing and woundup episode.

Vic: "There's a citizen inside here in need of immediate medical attention!"
Dani (looks in the window)
Vic (kicks the door in while she's distracted)

Vic: "No speaky ebonics, shithead!"

I don't know if it's just me, but I'd feel it would be kinda sloppy writing or just too convenient if Vic somehow learnt of the pic of Aceveda and used it as blackmail. Just the tensions of not knowing what becomes of it now is very suspenseful. Also, I love Benito Martinez's portrayal of David slowing losing it. His acting the part of a man struggling with personal internal strife seems much better than if they just go the route of Vic blackmailing him. I, for one, would love to see a new dynamic in future seasons once he's on city council. I'm sure the strike team will devise some sort of MacGuyver way to get the list. Just my opinion though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, the show is on at 10 p.m. EDT, and there's an advisory at the beginning of the show, and sometimes at the middle of the show, plus the clip for the next episode usually has an advisory as well. Pretty the only words they haven't used are the F-bomb and the C-bomb.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
I've never had a "Can they say that on TV?" thought while watching The Shield. It just seems to be natural for the characters and setting.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The answer for the language question is that it is not broadcast, it is cable, so the FCC rules do not apply. Sure it is mostly on free cable and it does have advertising, but the FCC rules only apply to the broadcast medium. They only control the airwaves (and only certain airwaves at that).

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Interesting tonight.

I thought Vic would use the tape of the interrogation room beating to hold over Aceveda's head.

Instead, he gives it over to Aceveda and says, basically, "We're even.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Who would have thought that Dutchboy and Pete Townsend would have anything in common?

The doglady was a hottie. Can't blame Vic hitting on it. I cracked up when the decoy squad chick used "slumpbuster" in relation to Vic.

Shane's woman is so grating on the nerves. Her voice is becoming like fingernails on chalkboards.

Loved how the strike team got the safe opened while ingratiating themselves to the "by the book" woman in the Farm.

Acevada is going to be posse-ing up, but with his own brand of bandalitos. He be on the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks