What's new

The Shield, season 3 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I feel you Holadem! I've struggled all day w/ the actions of Shane in the last 5 minutes of the show. I no longer care for him at all and feel that there's no way he can be redeemed from the consequences of his obvious bigotry. And if Tevon is dead, Shane deserves nothing less than a bullet in the head. I wonder if this is what the producers intended.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

That is a good point, if that is the case this season is definatly going to very very interesting........... I am still waiting to see if the bring back the "Jesus" character... They mentioned him a couple of episods ago...

R~

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Actually NYPD Blue has been pretty good this season as well, thank God for Tivo and the 11pm airing of the Shield.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Dave,

I agree on NYPD recently, although it has been a late inning rally. The show had gottten bogged down but has new vigor more recently, although I did feel "In the Line of Fire" was a fresher set of stories and strong characters.

I think the difference between "NYPD Blue" and "The Shield" is that there is so much left to explore with Vic and company whereas the Sipowitz precinct seems like it has been through every possible angle and character exploration possible. The set-ups for the season are also numerous on The Shield and on NYPD the ability to picture where things may go is basically reset each week.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Season 3 - Episode 5 "Mum"

Intense. A reason to ban all camera cell phones.

Vic playing "The Wolf" at the end managing the apartment cleanup was priceless. This show does not let up and continues to push the envelope for TV drama - tonight would make Howard Stern look like disney to the FCC.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

You know that photo will probably show up in a future episode. Kinda like the whole Vic/Julian thing maybe. Anyways, that episode is gonna give me nightmares. This show is one of the best on TV bar none.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Holy shit was that brutal. You're right, they are definitely pushing the envelope. That's why it's my favorite show on television.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I dozed off while watching my recording of tonight's episode, and woke up during Acevada's nightmarish rape, and that spooked the hell out of me, and then I backed up the recording and couldn't believe what happened to Acevada (mainly as payback for what Vic did to force the guy to smoke the bong earlier in the episode).

Whew...

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I enjoy this show, but can't recall ever actually watching an entire episode straight thru. I would get distracted and wind up missing the complete show every time I tried. So after reading the reviews here and hearing great things about season three I decided last night I would not let anything distract me from the full hour.
Then, the show itself gives me a reason to turn it off and I doubt I will be back. Sorry, but any sort of rape, male on female, male on male, male on donkey, whatever, is just too much, espicially the way it was displayed last night. Man, the only thing missing from the scene was the money shot!
Don't get me wrong, I am in no way preaching censorship or would hold anything against those that were ok watching it. But from my personal point of view, I just had to turn away. It was the same thing with OZ on HBO. I knew the potential was there to be offended and I willingly took the risk and decided it wasn't for me.

I think it is a great series and the majority of the actors do a great job, but I don't think I'll be attempting to tune in for future episodes. Unless they put a notice that "no tribute to Deliverance will be appearing on tonight's episode." :D

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Got to admit, they lingered a little too much on the whole Aceveda incident. The camera time, sound and focus on the whole incident was more than needed to make the point. I think by the time the episode was over, the viewers felt like Aceveda did - dry heaving in the toilet at the end.

There is a point where the viewer is shifted from empathy to disgust and this scene was more to the latter. Obviously, the act was critical to lay out future plotlines and revenge motives, but a little more left to the imagination can go a long way. I would hate to have recommended this show to someone and have them see that episode as their rookie experience with the series

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Are there any late night rebroadcasts of this episode before next week? I have liked the few episodes I've seen but my daughter stays up late and this clearly sounds like an episode she should not see.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

FX usually rebroadcasts The Shield late Friday, but you should check the FX website just to be sure.

M.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
The Shield usually replays the last episode on the Monday evening before Tuesdays next episode (same time).

This is an episode I would not want my daughter to see (no matter how old).

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
One word,,,,,,,,WOW.... That was probably some of the most intense TV viewing I have sat through in a very long time.... Man, that was brutal.

On a side note, anyone else think the teacher has been "playing" with vic's little girl???? I mentioned it earlier, but what happened in last nights episode kinda made me think something is really going on......

Also, the scene where they walk in on the dude going down on the chick.... Man this show is freaking great, pushing the envolope.........

R~

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
I just watched last nights Shield on my tivo... and I can say without hesitation I have never seen an episode of television that had that kind of impact on me... I was sick after viewing it. But I suppose that was the intentions... Felt for David.... I see the strike team getting alot of its power back soon.

Matt

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
Holadem, Aceveda = prison bitch. Lost his gun in a struggle and was tied up.

But as of right now, nobody knows about it but him and 2 thugs. However, one of the thugs took a pic of the "incident" on his camera phone and I have a feeling that somehow Vic is going to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks