What's new

"The Shield" Season 2 -- General Discussion for ALL Episodes (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
The "jesus" guy? He was Armenian
That dude was ruthless too. It is sad he hasn't appeared again. Maybe they are saving him for some twist...who knows.... I still love the show thou........

Tuesdays can't seem to come quick enough....

R~

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I just watched the commentary for "Blowback" (the episode with the Armenian 'jesus' guy and found out that the guy that plays him was the writer of the episode, Kurt Sutter. But it didn't sound like they planned on him coming back - but you never know...
JQ

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I finished the first season DVD set and went straight into the first 2 eps of S2 on DVDR, great start/continuation.
I love how Aceveda and Mackey working together. Now the captain is getting some heat too heh.
2 hours til EP3 tonight!

Are we gona keep it all in one long thread then?

Once again last night's show leaves the viewer with so many questions to be answered. It's hard to discuss without giving away plot.

As far as the official thread goes, we have a good start here but the thread topic is kind of mis-leading. I suppose this works though.

Concerning Season 2 Episode 3:

So many things went on in last night's show, but one thing I was really intreagued by was Detective Wagenbach (Dutch) got played by that psycho couple. I am interested to see how it affects him in the future if at all. One thing that bothers me though, deals with Vic getting shot. It seems next week he is going to be back out on the street. Considering the show keeps such a persistant timeline, I am wondering how they handle Vic's wound.

Jeff Gordon

Agent
I have to say it: BEST show on TV. Period. I am amazed by this show every week, and I can't think of a show that comes close to holding my interest like this...Maybe Sopranos in it's heyday. Right now, no contest...

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Wade_Kennerson, concerning Detective Wagenbach (Dutch)

Something similar happened to him the first season. I don't remember all the specifics but one of the guys Dutch was interogating psycho analyzed him and cut way to close to the bone, in the end they got the guy but the last scene was showing Dutch in his car crying. It didn't really seem to effect him outside of that episode though.

I also do agree, the best show on TV.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Anyone know what was the song that played during the end of EP2 Dead Soldiers and then when the scene continued at the beginning of EP3 Partners, when Mackey was beating up that guy?
I really loved the guitar and "You seem to have it all, you seem to have contorl, but deep within your soul, you're losing it." etc.

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, but the real question is, what was the song playing at the end of Dead Soldiers. That's the one I want to get!

By the way, does anyone else find Vic's new CI somewhat lacking. Tio (sp) seemed too smart for his role in the show. I guess the writers figured they needed a CI more like Rondell, basically a screw up.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
just watched episode 3 from season 2 "Partners" with Carl Weathers...

There was a reference to Rocky III in it the episode

When Joe Clark (Weathers) was talking to the strike team and Vic walks in and looks at him and says

"This guy taught me everything I know", and Clark responds, "but not everything I know".

Rocky III.

Rocky : "How you gonna do that, I thought you taught me everything you know...."
Apollo: "Almost everything... you gotta remember stallion, you fight great but I'm a great fighter"

I thought it was a nice touch.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I'm so sad and pissed off that Connie got killed, I loved her so much, my favorite character. :angry:
Before it happened, I was so tense and hoping nothing would touch her as I've never been, at least I don't remember, wishing for something not to happen, caring so much for a character in any movie or TV series.

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
Mackey seems to have bad luck with his CIs this season. So far, season two seems to be doing a good job of tying up plot threads from the first season. The return of the Manny Sandoval character surprised me most of all. We'll see what happens next week with Tulips.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
How does Vic do it? Armadia looked to have him right where he wanted him but somehow he makes it out alive. And just when you think he's changed, the old Vic shows his face at the end. Best show on television right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks