What's new

The Sentinel (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I saw that Universal has released a widescreen of The Sentinel. From what I can tell, this is the same movie from the 70s about a creepy old lady who lives at the top floor of an apartment building who turns out to be the devil...or something like that.

Is this the movie I am thinking about, and if so, are there any reviews of it online yet?

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Yes, it's the one you're thinking of, in what I understand is a new 1.85:1/16:9-enhanced transfer. The older Goodtimes disc was full-frame. A not-very-good--ok, bad--movie that viewers of a certain age have affection for.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Cool, I am glad this is the same film. I checked IMDB and forgot how many big name actors are in it. Its been years since I've seen this.

Jeff Goldblum
Burgess Meredith
Beverly D'Angelo
Christopher Walken
John Carradine, etc...

I see Deepdiscount has this for $9.36, I will definitely pick it up!

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator
God, I remember that movie.
I couldn't shower without keeping my eyes open for weeks after!!
Coincidentally, I had been to a circus side-show that summer and saw a guy with Elephant Man's disease,
then when I saw the movie..there he was, as one of the demons swarming into the room....freaked the sh*t outta me!!
Can't wait to see it again. (I may have to start using the tub though):b
Trace

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Wow! This is one of those movies I remember seeing at the theaters when it came out. Talk about creepy movie.
One scene in particular literally made the hairs on my body stand up and send cold chills down my spine.
It is the scene where that old freaky skinny man walks from behind the door into the room real quick like
Wow! I'm getting chills just writing about it now. Yikes! :eek:

I'll be visiting this title again very soon!

Later!
Troy

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Guys, I just watched this movie last night and was very impressed with the presentation. Don't get me wrong, this is an almost 30 year old horror movie that wasn't digitally restored or anything special, but the transfer was pretty clean all throughout. The picture was acceptibly soft, but nothing I would complain about. The colors had that muted 70s horror film look to it, but once again were very acceptible for this type of movie. Considering the only other DVD version was a terrible full frame only disc by Goodtimes, the improvement in detail and overall picture quality on this release is probably 100x.

The best part about it, is it is an excellent horror film that you can pick up for under $10! I highly recommend this to anyone who likes horror films!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks