What's new

"The Return of the Living Dead" DVD - August 27th (1 Viewer)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Can't believe nobody has said it in this thread yet:

BRAINS! LIVE BRAINS!

I can't wait for this DVD. This is what we called a 5 beer movie in college. The only other movie to score 5 beers was "Tremors".

Beau

Supporting Actor
Over at amazon, it's currently ranking at #88!!!! That's the best(as far as I know)it's ever been at amazon!:D

Beau

Supporting Actor
OMFG!!! Now it's down to 65!!!!!!!!:D
EDIT: Now it's 62!!!:D Also it's RIGHT behind E.T.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Same here, DVDfile.com is great at reviewing.
The quality on those images is pretty good, I have a feeling that seeing it right in front of me is going to be ten times better. :)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
What more could you want from a review? The site is designed for people who are already genre fans, so they tend to skip the general info. They went into detail about the video, audio and extras. Mondo-Digital is probably my favorite review site out there.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Agreed - Mondo Digital gives clear, correct and highly detailed information on how rare and obscure films scrub up on DVD, including information on past video incarnations, running times, uncut versions, etc.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'd hardly call that review "detailed".

Hey, do you guys think Ron will do a HTF review for the DVD?

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Dan must be so upset with the theatrical cut that he still went ahead and did a commentary for the DVD. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
This really doesn't have a lot to do with this topic, but....

At the video store tonight I ran into a customer whose last name was O'Bannon. Just out of curiousity I asked her if she was related to Dan O'Bannon the director, and she said yes! I asked about Return of the Living Dead and she said I think so, but she named Aliens and Seaquest as things he had worked on. She said she's never actually met him, but he's out in Missouri somewhere. Looked Dan up on the IMDB and indeed, he's form Missouri so I guess I met his niece tonight.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I know exactly who he is which makes his comment even more curious. So nobody has ever heard a filmmaker criticize his film, the producers, the studio, etc on a commentary track?

When you consider O'Bannon's personality, it's not terribly difficult to imagine him making comments about the changes made (against his will) to the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks