What's new

The Practice - Cancelled (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Acording to USA Today, the axe fell on The Practice, but a new spinoff show is being developed by David E. Kelley will star James Spader, with Rhona Mitra, and perhaps Jessica Capshaw coming along. If the new show is a go, it'll be spun off from the remaining episode of The Practice this season.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Yikes!

I guess this is inevitable. Look at the last 3 episode show arc - all Spader, some Tara and a passing use of Jimmy (that never transpired by the third act). He is clearly holding the current show together and everyone else at the firm trying to get rid of him eqch episdoe is probably mimicking real life.

As long as Spader is in, then I'm there. And Rhona Mitra won't be too bad either :wink:

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
That is so much better than the idea of bringing back Bobby Donald that was tossed around last week. I could do without Capshaw but the idea of a Firm with Shore being the managing partner but focusing on his relationship withthe law students and interns would be interesting.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Hell, The Practice is pretty much the James Spader show at this point anyway. He's the only reason I'm watching this season, so I have no problem with a spinoff focusing completely on Alan Shore(and Tara for the eye candy :D).

Leave Jessica Capshaw out though. She serves absolutely no purpose on the show and frankly she's a crappy actress. I don't give a damn who her stepfather is.

James T

Screenwriter

Exactly. Is it really a spinoff if you bring three characters from the current show to a new show with the exact same idea?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
but they took supporting characters. It wasn't like they took buffy/xander/willow from season 3 and started season 4 as a new series.

Angel was a different case than this.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I hope Capshaw goes along with them. She is so hot, and I like that she is sorta moral, but not all the way. She'd be great with tara and Spader.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it'd be funny if David E. Kelley was able to land the Alan Shore character in the same law firm from his defunct "Girls Club" show, and bring back the 3 hotties from that show to surround Alan with and tease the hell out them.

James T

Screenwriter
That's an interesting link, but the exit of Spader's character to setup the spinoff is not what I heard. I guess it's still speculation at this point, but just in case...
I read that he gets fired, joins a bigger and more powerful firm and then sues his old firm for wrongful dismissal. And sorry, but I can't find the link

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they'll show the episode that

(Admin note - spoilers added, just in case people want to maintain some surprise for future episodes.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks