What's new

The Postal Service (1 Viewer)

Brent_H

Second Unit
I never found myself to be a huge fan of electronica, but I happened upon The Postal Service's album, and wow, I was blown away. It is one of those albums that just relaxes me and makes me want to go for a midnight drive. I would recommend you all check it out :)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
The Postal Service is playing in Austin tonight at Mercury, it's upstairs next to Jazz.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Brent, thanks for the heads up. I'm always looking for music that relaxes me. And I love that genre. I'll definitely check'em out. Thanks again!

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Been listening to their song "Clark Gable" since I read this post. Definitely a song I could listen to over-and-over.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Their cover of Phil Collins' "Against All Odds" actually make that song listenable. If there are any fans of older New Order (pre-"Blue Monday") out there, I highly recommend this.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Their cover of Phil Collins' "Against All Odds" actually make that song listenable. If there are any fans of older New Order (pre-"Blue Monday") out there, I highly recommend this.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
I picked this up after hearing the song "Clark Gable" and I'm really liking it. They've really found an intriguing mix of electronica and indie rock, and I'm not even a big fan of electronica. Some really good lyrics too. By the way, the song "Such Great Heights" is the one in the "Garden State" trailer though it doesn't look like it's on the soundtrack.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
the actual lead singer is Ben Gibbard, the lead singer of indie pop band Death Cab For Cutie, if you like the postal service i recommend The Notwist.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
I just listened to some clips from The Notwist's album 'Neon Golden' and it sounds really good. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'd also reccomend The Anniversary to anyone who likes the vintage keyboard sounds, though they tend to rock out a little more. 'Designing a Nervous Breakdown' is a good place to start.

Listening to the postal servce has inspired me to go out and buy a digital 8-track so I can start recording some music.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Just started listening to them. Not a fan of electronica myself, but holy crap...the song "The District Sleeps Alone", what a song. Some of the songs are hit or miss with me, but a couple are really good.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
I'm really fond of Sleeping In. I downloaded that and Such Great Heights, but I think I might give this one a second shot.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I found out bout them a few months ago, Give Up is one of my favourite CDs now

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
I recommend checking out I believe PS has 3 LP's, each is only like 4 tracks but they have 1 or 2 new songs and some cool remixes, available for like $4 through their website (sub pop records) or on amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks