What's new

The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series - 11/4/14 (1 Viewer)

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
Interestingly, the date has been changed on the BB listing, but not the price.

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
JoeDoakes said:
Deep Discount has this for $20. The question is whether I should cancel my Amazon.ca order and place one on an American site where I could save on shipping. What do you all think?
For the sake of a few dollars, you're prepared to consider trusting Deep Discount to honor the order when we have seen evidence in the past that Amazon has upheld incorrect pricing to their detriment?? And you're saving approx $100 due to an error??

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
John Karras said:
For the sake of a few dollars, you're prepared to consider trusting Deep Discount to honor the order when we have seen evidence in the past that Amazon has upheld incorrect pricing to their detriment?? And you're saving approx $100 due to an error??
It's interesting that this has happened with several websites. You're probably right.

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
Which site would you go with if you missed the Amazon.ca blunder? Best Buy? Deep Discount? CD Universe?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i could not even find a listing for the complete series at deep

amazon is already 100 plus

bb had the complete series listed for 15. but it also had it as a blu-ray

i ordered 3 of them, so i could get free shipping.

i can always sell the other 2 and make a lot of profit on them

however, i am not giving myself even a 1% chance of getting the complete set for 15

i certainly would not cancel an amazon order.

although if i was in your shoes, i would place an order at bb. you would be lucky to be able to purchase 2 sets at that sort of price !!!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
well i submitted orders at both

2 at deep to get free shipping

i could conceivably get 5 - but i wont hold my breath !!

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Steve...O said:
Leo - I'm not sure I believe that reviewer. The CBS syndication website indicates that they've made HD masters of 22 misc episodes (probably the best of set) which indicates that they had film elements to work from.

Interestingly though, it looks like they didn't transfer the entire S1 to HD when that was released. I don't personally own that set so I can't comment on how the transfers look.
The big question - what as used for the U.S. Box set?

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Deep Discount will have a problem if they refuse to honor the price because they show the list price as $129.99 and their price is marked as "Save 84%." I did a screen capture, just in case they try to change it.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
rdf8585 said:
Which site would you go with if you missed the Amazon.ca blunder? Best Buy? Deep Discount? CD Universe?
My concern with Best Buy is that they have it listed as a Blu-ray set and the studio is listed as "unknown." That gives them plenty of wiggle room to cancel the pre-orders, because they can say that the product they advertised has not been released. CD Universe also lists it as Blu-ray, and the description is about a forthcoming straight-to-video film called Ardennes Fury, so the listing clearly is an error.

Deep Discount, on the other hand, shows the correct MSRP and the listing shows the Deep Discount price as 84% off. So I'm trying Deep Discount.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
rdf8585 said:
Yes, but read it carefully.

In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to a display or typographical error, or an error in pricing information received from our suppliers or store partners, DeepDiscount.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.

The advertised price clearly is not a typographical error, because it shows the correct MSRP and it correctly shows that the advertised price is 84% off the MSRP. The fact that they know the correct MSRP also would seem to rule out an "error in pricing information" from suppliers.

They may have picked up that other retailers have been posting ridiculously low prices and decided that they had to come close tothose prices.

I'm not saying that Deep Discount will definitely honor the orders, but I think that there is a better chance than ordering from Best Buy or CD Universe, where the listings are clearly in error.

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
Someone on DVDtalk said they got an e-mail from BB today saying the release date has been changed to 9/30.

Yet the product page still says 11/11.

This whole thing is very strange, with several major website all having errors with this set.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I have found as far as TV shows are concerned the U.S. release transfers often look better then the U.K. I'm sure there are exception, but I'm not aware of any.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Still a great price for four seasons and 143 episodes. Especially for a Shout Factory set, since they tend to be on the expensive side of things.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
So now I have three separate orders with three separate places, Amazon.CA, BB and DD. I panicked a bit with the first two because that single disc Blu listing is such an obvious error for them to cancel on. Plus BB has something definitely mixed up with that ARDENNES movie and the incorrect release date. I called them about that and they told me that the SKU number on my order was for BILKO and that it was coming out on 11/11, not 9/30 as their e mail said. She told me to disregard the e mail with the 9/30 date. But I'm uncertain about all this. Finally placed my order with DD, who had everything listed correctly, before the price was raised later today, but will they honor that lower price? Also, they have been known to cavalierly cancel preorders that are over 30 days old and never even notify you. This place is not known for their business ethics. So I have three chances to get this, but I only need one set!!!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
yesterday or 2 days ago, i got an email for 9/30.

today, i got one for 11/11. (best buy)

just waiting for the other shoe to drop !!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks