What's new

The Partridge Family Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
Has ANYONE heard any rumblings about the third season? The last three seasons were the best of the show in my opinion. I hope they havent abandoned it.

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Well I have at least heard a rumour on a Partridge Family message board over at cmongethappy.com that Sony has already remastered season 3 for DVD and do plan to release it but don't have a date for it yet. Like I said, just a rumour at this point, but I'll take it! I really want the final 2 seasons. I'd be taping them of the I network (formerly PAX) but of course have heard they're not only edited but time compressed! In case anyone is interested, Deep Discount DVD is having a buy 1 get 1 free sale on all Sony titles (except for their most recent releases), and you can get seasons 1 and 2 of The Partridge Family for a total of $22 and some change plus free shipping. Great deal!

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I hope seasons 3 and 4 come soon.I found the show to be even more funnier in the last 2 seasons.come on get with it sony and bring them on.

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Well here's another glimmer of hope for Season 3. You have to scroll down quite a bit to DVD news. It basically says that Season 3 is scheduled to be released in March along with Bewitched Season 5 and The Nanny Season 3. Hopefully, these will be announced soon! This site had the inside track on the first two Partridge releases before they were officially announced, so I'm pretty confident this is coming.

http://www.cmongethappy.com/blog/

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I'll take March. This is EXCELLENT news! I really enjoyed the first two seasons. I love the cheesy background music, the laughter tracks, the outfits, the whole thing.

This show is a classic. One of my favs!

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
Boy!!!! The Partridge Family, The Nanny AND Bewitched on the same day......My collection is filling up with old favorites. Now if we could only get someone to get moving with Green Acres again. The fourth season has a lot of funny episodes....and The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction with season sets.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Oh, this would be GREAT news if we really get season 3 in March! It's been too long since s2 was released. I'd started to think that I might never get the rest of the series on DVD. With s3 supposedly on tap, I may yet end up with the whole thing after all.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
Another plus to the later seasons, I think Susan Dey filled out a bit more in the final seasons (compared to the first 2 where she's practically anorexic) and looked more beautiful as a result

michael_ks

Screenwriter

Especially when she's doing the TV commercial for Uncle Irwin. (Reuben: "Shirley, you have to admit one thing...it does make you think...chicken!)

All kidding aside though, yes, bring on S3! Goose the bully, the return of Snake and Punky Lazaar, Jodie Foster, Mary Ann Mobley, Danny diets/Reuben quitting smoking, John Astin as an eccentric millionaire and more great music:

"My guitar - a railroad car - a bus or plane
(de de doo doo doo doo doo doo doo)

Chocolate bar - and there you are - the price of fame"
(de de doo doo doo doo doo doo doo)

By the way, Happy Birthday, Dave Madden! (12/17)

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
It probabaly won't be march sony usually announces their titles 10 weeks out From the releases date. 10 weeks from today 1/30. Is april 10th.

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Okay, yet another rumor of a hopefully impending release of Season 3 of The Partridge Family. Anyone who's interested in it should send an e-mail off to the address in the link. Here's hoping!

http://www.cmongethappy.com/bulletin...=1612&start=75

I thought the tidbit of info about Sony having spent a lot of money on Season 1 was interesting seeing how it wasn't exactly loaded with extras at all. It helps put into perspective that perhaps these sets aren't as cheap to produce as many seem to think.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I just sent my email! So it looks like S3 is pretty much in the bag, anyway, with S4 looking somewhat problematic...

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I also went to the website listed a couple of posts below and sent an email off to Sony saying that I purchased the first two seasons and plan on buying season three and the rest of the Partridge Family DVD season sets that sony will release in the future.

It's a no brainer.

pass it on......

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I will send an email as well.Count me in for season 3 and hopefully 4 will be down the road to release as well.This is one of my favorites from the 70s

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I just sent my email. I hope it helps get the final two seasons on DVD. This is one show I'd really like to have completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks