What's new

The Parasound AMP LOVE FEST Thread!! (1 Viewer)

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
I LOVE mine
Model Number
HCA-855A
Power Out-put
85 X 5 @ 8 Ohms
Aquired Date
June 24 2002
Rating
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Angelo
Thanks

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
Yep. My HCA-1000A (200x2 into my speakers) is the second-best part of my audio system (18" Velodyne is #1). Best few hundred bucks I've ever spent.
-Erik

Roger Kint

Stunt Coordinator
I got my 855 from ubid a few days ago and there was a problem with it when connected to my Denon 2802. With my CD player and in direct mode, Channel 4 would overload at moderate levels and once it overloads it keeps overloading. Also there is static (not hiss) on all speakers even the center and surrounds but I'm running in direct mode (left / right only) so there shouldn't be any signals there at all. I even tried disconnecting the signal to channel 4 and use the other channels but that channel 4 still overloads!

I sent the amp back to Parasound yesterday. It has been very frustrating.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Sorry to hear about your problems Roger. At first, I thought it might be some speaker wires coming into contact, but if only two channels are supposed to be running, I just don't know.
For the rest of you, Welcome to the unofficial Parasound (and B&k, and Acurus and Aragon) Love Fest!!!
I hope you all know what goes on at love fests. :D :D :D

Legairre

Supporting Actor
While I have a Rotel 1095, which I am absolutely in love with(don't tell my wife she'll be jealous). I must say I spent several hours with a Parasound 2205 and did love it too.
So I guess I love Rotel and Parasound. Give me either one. I'll take them both. :emoji_thumbsup:

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I think its safe to say we all love our amps:D and thanks to this forum my parasound 2205 will always have a good home:laugh:

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
It's back up:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
I was down yesterday.:frowning: :frowning:
Maybe to many of us were trying to access it at once.
I believe Parasound and Ubid should feel honored for this love fest we are showing them at HFT.:D :D

Marvin E

Stunt Coordinator
got my 855 from ubid a few days ago and there was a problem with it when connected to my Denon 2802. With my CD player and in direct mode, Channel 4 would overload at moderate levels and once it overloads it keeps overloading. use the other channels but that channel 4 still overloads!
Roger: Same thing happened to me. I know what true frustration is.I bought two from UBID and the one that works...well let me put it to you this way: my HT sounds significantly better with the 855. Right now, the only two speakers connected to my receiver's speaker jacks are the side surrounds. Everything else is connected to the 855 that's working. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the overload problem. I believe it is a manufacturers defect. Monday morning, the bad 855 goes back to Parasound. When I get it back, I think I'm going to bi-amp my front speakers. Hang on Roger, it will be well worth the wait.
Rating: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Way to go Angelo! This thread is a great idea!
I LOVE my Parasound 855A. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Best amp I ever owned! Also first amp I ever owned. :D :D :D
Rating: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

MikeHalder

Stunt Coordinator
Bought the 1205.... loved it so much I turned around the next month and upgraded to a 2205AT! Now my Klipsch KLF's are getting WELL fed.

Mike

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon

Hey, I love mine too!!!!! Couple them with Paradigm Reference, and you have a match made in heaven!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Good Lord, Steve! Are you running nine channels of amplification?
BTW, some nice laserdisc boxsets you have there :)
I also have the increasingly ubiquitous 855A. Really sweet amp, especially considering the price tag...

DanaA

Screenwriter
My gosh Steven,
Your rack would intimidate one of the monoliths from Kubrick's 2001 and probably be more powerful too. Have you thought of burying it beneath the surface of some planet for future uncovering by a less advanced civilization?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks