What's new

The Oprah Winfrey Show: 20th Anniversary Collection (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
From DavisDVD.com:

The Oprah Winfrey Show

Harpo Productions and Paramount Home Entertainment today announced a deal to create and distribute an exclusive compilation of highlights and episodes from "The Oprah Winfrey Show." The Oprah Winfrey Show: 20th Anniversary Collection will feature highlights from two decades of the influential talk show, including the funniest and most poignant moments, the biggest surprises and the most notable celebrity interviews. For the first time, Oprah will revisit the most moving and memorable moments, from her earliest days of broadcasting until now, for this collection and also will reveal bonus material that includes exclusive behind-the-scenes footage at Harpo Studios. Proceeds from the multiple disc set will benefit Oprah's Angel Network public charity. Look for the set in time for Christmas.

From TVShowsonDVD.com:

Oprah Winfrey Show, The - Paramount brings Oprah's best moments to DVD
Posted by David Lambert
7/27/2005

Video Business has a new report (registration required) from their Editor-in-Chief, Scott Hettrick, that an Oprah DVD is coming to stores in time for Christmas. One of our readers, Steven Duchon, first gave us the heads-up about this title when he wrote in to us earlier this month after spotting a mention of the item in O magazine, but there wasn't enough information available at the time for us to post. Now Video Business has the scoop about Paramount's upcoming release:

JULY 26 | Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Prods, King World and Paramount Home Entertainment are teaming up to create and distribute a compilation of highlights and episodes from The Oprah Winfrey Show in a 20th anniversary DVD collection.

Harpo's proceeds from the DVD will benefit Oprah's Angel Network public charity, which has raised $30 million since it was established in 1998 to encourage people around the world to make a difference in the lives of others.

The multi-disc set, coming in time for Christmas, will feature highlights from two decades of Oprah, including the funniest and most poignant moments, the biggest surprises, the wildest dreams and the most notable stars and interviews.

Especially for the DVD, Winfrey will revisit the most moving and memorable moments and describe what she was thinking and how she felt, from her earliest days of broadcasting until the present.

Among the bonus features will be behind-the-scenes footage at Harpo Studios.

"Through this DVD collection, I can give back to the world by using its proceeds and the next 20 seasons of my life for what I know is my true calling--to be of service to women, children and families in need around the world," Winfrey said in a statement.

"This DVD collection is a tribute to the incredible connection that Oprah has established with her audience around the world," said Thomas Lesinski, president of Paramount Pictures Worldwide Home Entertainment.

Stay tuned and we'll keep you informed of developments about Oprah's first DVD release of her super-popular talk show.

Link to this page:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3769

All news for this show:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=3178

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Will Tom Cruise's "dance of joy" end up on the disc?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Well, somebody had to ask it.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
My favorite part of the TSOD article is:
I'm sure Steven isn't thrilled about Dave L. telling the world that he reads O magazine. :D

Kieran Brown

Agent
I think this is great. I'm not sure if I'll buy it though cause I've really only ever watched the celebrity guest episodes of Oprah and have had glimpses of others.
It'll be a nice set though for the fans.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Hopefully they include the hilarious spoof from SNL not too long ago, where a lady who's house burned down was a guest, followed by John Travolta (darryl hammond) fawning over Oprah and Julia Roberts (forget who was her), all the while ignoring the lady with the burned down house, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.