What's new

The only reason to buy Superbit... (1 Viewer)

Sutjahjo Ngaserin

Stunt Coordinator
>>>If there is enough interest, i could write an article on why upscaling a 480p source to 720p or 960p is much better, although it doesn't seem natural at first.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
See, I didn't interpret the statement to say that the old transfers WERE excellent - I thought it indicated that they still ARE excellent.
I'm not sure TPV's statement is worth parsing that closely; you've probably already put more thought into it than the author did. I suspect all he meant to say was that both the originals and the superbit remasters deserve high marks.

M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Last night I watched the superbit remaster of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It was superb. Afterward I pulled out the original release to compare certain scenes. The improvements are very obvious (to my eye at least) on a 65" 16:9 monitor (recently recalibrated by a professional) with a progressive scan player. You could say that the differences are small, but there are a lot of them. And small differences add up . . .

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks