What's new

The Ongoing Wal-Mart $4.88/$5.50/$5.88 Bargain Bin Thread (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Originally Posted by Radioman970 /forum/thread/152921/the-ongoing-wal-mart-4-88-5-50-5-88-bargain-bin-thread/1140#post_3585090
I picked up several from that $3 bin: We're No Angels, Stepford Wives, and There will be blood.
Btw, watched Master & Commander not long ago and was floored by it. Excellent film. I just bought a new sound system for my PC, a z-5500. I'm thinking overkill, but I'll try some things out on it.
[SIZE= smaller]I'm having to upgrade my power supply from 325w to 700w. The sound card I added, along with the video card I have, are too much for that stock psu. So I'm easing off on testing that z-5500. The few times I tried it out were spectacular. Glad I spent the money. The subwoofer is particularly jarring when something happens, like when King Kong is fighting the t-rexes. I'm still only using 5.1. I have an optical cable coming with the power supply so I can use DTS. I expect to lose several pairs of socks in the process. Is there an on-going Walmart packs of sports-socks bargain thread? [/SIZE]
Anyway, this is a Walmart thread. :)
The $3 stuff is still there in my Walmart but they moved it to the end of a row. Nothing new added so it isn't like Big Lots where I can find new stuff every time I go. They have a bunch of Avatar anime. Not sure if that stuff is fit to buy? I've never seen it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's no $5 bin...but my local Wal-Mart has the following Blu-ray titles on special sale (on an endcap display):
$10.00: Chaos (Statham), Cutthroat Island, Evil Dead II, Halloween, Midnight Movie, The Ninth Gate (Depp), See No Evil (Kane), Terminator 2 (Schwarzennegger).
$14.96: Water Horse, Across the Universe, The Big Hit, Striking Distance, Untraceable, Starship Troopers, Hancock, xXx-State of the Union, Into the Blue, Dogma, 21, The Holiday, Talledega Nights, Superbad, A Knight's Tale.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
A few days ago, I was in Wal Mart and they had a number of horror movies on sale for $5. Off the top of my head, they had Happy Birthday To Me (the new one with the original score) and Hostel Part II. For $15, they also had the Scream three pack (with all three movies) and a Halloween three pack (with Halloween parts 6, 7 and 8).

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
The Wally World in my area has seasons 2 - 5 of Law & Order for $ 9.98 each!/img/vbsmilies/htf/crazy.gif"> Needless to say I got one of each this week!

Frank@N

Screenwriter
My Walmart now has some $4 (!) shelf displays which I was completely unable to ignore...YMMV.

I got 'Bridges of Madison County' SE (!) and 'We Own the Night' (2007). Not bad...

I also fished a 'Risky Business' SE out of the $5 bin. Nice!

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I was in Wal-Mart yesterday, and they had a display of Warner box sets for $15!
Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology
The Marlon Brando Collection
The Essential Steve McQueen Collection
The Complete James Dean Collection
Western Classics Collection
There may have been more at one time, because the cardboard display was half empty.

jasonneeeee

Auditioning
Real Name
jason nghe
Picked this up today! =)
Originally Posted by Tim Tucker /forum/thread/152921/the-ongoing-wal-mart-4-88-5-50-5-88-bargain-bin-thread/1170#post_3647906
I was in Wal-Mart yesterday, and they had a display of Warner box sets for $15!
Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology
The Marlon Brando Collection
The Essential Steve McQueen Collection
The Complete James Dean Collection
Western Classics Collection
There may have been more at one time, because the cardboard display was half empty.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I've seen 'em, Ed.
I'm pretty sure that means they were part of that store's inventory of REAL cheap stuff on Black Friday and it didn't sell so it is now back on a regular shelf with a sticker that they must not be able to get off. /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif
If you notice, some of those big "PROMO" stickers are green, some are purple. They were using the colors during the Black Friday sale to distinguish the different prices of the various titles.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I haven't contributed to this thread in ages (nor the Big Lots thread) but I stumbled upon this sale at a local Bed Bath and Beyond last night and thought people still looking for really cheap deals on DVDs might be interested.

Nothing groundbreaking, obviously. But thought you guys might like to know.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
gallery_286742_34_19577.jpg

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I stopped looking in the DVD bargain bin since I started buying Blu-rays. Wally was having cheap blus for $5 and under every other week but then they stopped a couple of months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks