What's new

The Ongoing Survivor 8 All-Stars thread (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The interesting thing would be if the Survivors watched the other seasons of the show and they all knew eachother's strategies from the beginning.

James T

Screenwriter
They can divide the tribes by winners and losers. That way, no past losers try to vote off the winners just because they lost that year. By the time the merge takes place, they'll be less people from the same season.

I like the Arctic Suvivor, but that would probably be too extreme.

I'll watch it just for Rudy. Whatever he says or does just cracks me up.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Arctic Survivor would be fun, but it ain't gonna happen for the simple reason that there wouldn't be a lot of shots of half naked girls in it.

StephenK

Stunt Coordinator
According to e-online, the members are supposed to include:

Richard Hatch
Rudy
Tina Wesson
Ethan
Jerri Manthey
Susan Hawkes
Gina Crews (friends with Hunter the pilot)
Colby
Lex
Michael "flame on" Skupin
Elisabeth Filarski
Colleen

I wasn't sure that this was the actual list or merely those posed for "what-if" purposes, but given the inclusion of Gina Crews, who was not noticed at all, and given an early departure from Marquesas, it could be the real thing.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Wow! We were just talking about this in the Survivor Amazon thread a few days ago. I would buy this one (when all is said and done) on DVD without a doubt! :D

Michael Skupin is one Survivor I would like to see in action again.:emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
If you actually read the rules at the site, it says season 7 apps were due in Feb, & filming will be done June-July. Season 8 apps are due in July.

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Frankly, I don't see how this would work -- especially if previous winners were involved.

I keep thinking about the time the castaways from Survivor 1 were on The Weakest Link. Even though Richard answered his questions right, he was voted off in the first round. Unanimously, IIRC.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I keep thinking about the time the castaways from Survivor 1 were on The Weakest Link. Even though Richard answered his questions right, he was voted off in the first round. Unanimously, IIRC
The great thing about Survivor is that you have to earn your spot to win. In the beginning, you have to win as a team to stick around. If your team loses (accidentally or on purpose) then you have a chance at getting kicked off (teams have lost on purpose before to kick people off). After the merger, you have to fight to stay alive in the game, so if you lose it's YOUR fault.

The fact that the cast members might know about eachother already throws a twist in there, but it could still be interesting.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Anyone see this coming week's edition of TV Guide? Mark Burnett wants this to premiere after the Super Bowl to help get a jump on Friends for the second half of the season.

Jeff Probst also said that Survivor 7 will (not sure if this is a spoiler so just in case)
have penalties for teams for losing a reward challenge.

As soon as there's a link to the article online, I'll post it.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
They did the superbowl thing with Survivor: Australian Outback and I think it helped the ratings.

As to the spoiler, that is a great twist to the game, can't wait to see the looks on their faces.

Chris

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
That was "I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here", which was also aired in America earlier this year. The US version featured Melissa Rivers and a bunch of absolute C-list "celebs".

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Mark Burnett held a conference call Friday, here is a Survivor All-Star tidbit, as transcribed at SurvivorNews.net:

Q: Can you tell us anything about the All Star?

MB: None of the All Stars know who is going to be on the All Star.

Chris Ender: It will air sometime in late January or early February

MB: Chris can you think of a good lead in for us?
Chris Ender: I know what you are lobbying for.

Sounds like he really wants to open following the Super Bowl. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i cant see hatch lasting past the first vote. unless he wins.
he's too good and too dangerous.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
You can usually tell who the 'stars' are in each season. At the end when they have the 'aftermath' show and Probst talks to everyone, he singles out certain people and talks to them a lot more than everyone else. Bring back those people.

Bring back people like Colby and Big Tom, the big names from each show. Women like Jerri also. Put all those natural leaders and 'stars' in a big group and I think that would be great.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Spoilers for Survivor 8

Airs beginning in Feb, in case you didn't know it's the All-Star edition. Apparently Rupert is taking part in it. Other cast isn't known though widely speculated to be the winners and various other good players to never win: Rob from Amazon, Colby, Kathy and fan favorites like Rudy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks