What's new

The ongoing Nip/Tuck Season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I was laughing so freaking hard when the new psych person walked in on christian and the other girl going at it on the desk...........LMAO....

R~

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I started watching this show a few days ago when they re-ran the second and, yesterday, the third episodes. Can someone give me a quick rundown of what happened in the pilot, since they keep referring to "what happened in their office the week before"? From what I can gather it was some deranged patient and someone got killed.

I really enjoy it so far.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
christian took on a client who wanted a complete face and body makeover, over sean's objections, because he suspected drug cartel ties. the guy needed a makeover for messing with "the boss's girl" and was trying to get away before the boss found him. he offered christian a ton of money to do it, which is why christian consented.

turns out that the "boss's girl" was his daughter, 6 years old, i believe, and the guy was a pedophile. they did the facial, the guy was trying to grab some little girl at the hospital while in recovery, the boss abducted christian and shot him full of botox until he told where the guy was, then barged in on sean performing lipo on the guy, fat and blood flying, and eventually the guy's brother suffocated him rather than have him continue to molest girls.

sean and christian had to dispose of the body in the everglades, tying hams to the body so the gator's would eat the remains.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Tonight's ep was a pretty good setup for some crazy stuff ahead IMHO. Can't beleive the person vandalizing Troy's vehicles is actually the girl he's now trying to date. And Sean's new love interest?

Next week's week's ep looks like it could be the best yet.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I was so happy when Matt was hooking up with his ex-girlfriends girlfriend, and the brunette kicked her to the curb. She deserved it. Matt and her will probably start dating cause she liked something when they kissed.

Yeah, Christian picked the wrong girl to start dating, and the scene with the sexaholic was pretty intense. How did the blond know Christian had a boat and where it was docked?

Man, Sean's marriage is pretty screwed up, and as Christian said, if this(vasectomy) is the solution to the bad marriage, Sean has bigger issues. Or something to that effect.

Next week will be nuts.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Christian picked the wrong girl to start dating, and the scene with the sexaholic was pretty intense. How did the blond know Christian had a boat and where it was docked?
It's possible that he took her there the first time they hooked up, Stugots-style (or possibly not, I missed the first episode :))

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I rewatched the third episode today, Nanette Babcock. Does anyone know the song at the end of it, played over Matt crying in his room and Nanette killing herself

The lyrics are:

What do you think of me now,
Are you quite proud of this make-believe
Curtain that hangs around everything you can admire in that girl
She's so damn beautiful.

A Google search turned up nothing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Matt has to be Christian's son, it's in the genes! :)

This show is truly a guilty pleasure, loving it so far, and next week is gonna be off da hook!

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
What was the deal with Matt's mom, a sex intervention? Are you freaking kidding me? I felt bad for that one girl cause she got ripped apart infront of the parents but I would still date that brunette, the ex-girlfriend had no problem dating her over Matt, know the shoe is on the other foot. I see where the dad is coming from but screw her.

Christian has some serious sexual issues going on, and he is running his girlfriend ragged. She somewhat deserves it for vandalizing his car and boat.

Good episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show sure knows how to push the bounds of family entertainment. :emoji_thumbsup:

It's been nice to see Julie Warner back on TV as well.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I liked this episode the best so far.

Well, we now have insight into Christian's sexual problems. You could tell something was up when his argument with Sean came to a head, and when he was talking with the woman at the flower shop. I wish Sean would of cried with Christian at the end, I probably would of if I was in his shoes.

Matt and his friend really screwed up big time, I don't know if I could live with that on my conscience. Her face was nuts.

That shrink is a problem, Christian says no to a nose job and she turns around and gives the woman Sean's number? You would get fired at most places for something like that. I knew Christian was going to tell Sean about he opinion of him and his patient, and that scene was great. "I think we should get rid of her, she's a trouble maker and her shoes are cheap." LOL!

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I have to agree... I liked this episode the best. I am very interested on how shawn is going to deal with this one if it will come back to haunt him and his friend in later episodes.

Good episode, and great show......

Does anybody know how it is doing on the ratings charts??

R~

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
The lyrics are:

What do you think of me now,
Are you quite proud of this make-believe
Curtain that hangs around everything you can admire in that girl
She's so damn beautiful.

A Google search turned up nothing.
Found it. Polaroid - So Damn Beautiful

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally watched this week's episode. The inter-splicing of Sean and Christian subplot with Matt and generic friend subplot was good for TV standards.

Both Sean and Christian have a lot simmering underneath the surface. In this respect, the character arcs are compelling enough to watch, while the backdrop is cloaked in superficiality, which is probably intentionally ironic.

If they let go of Santiago, I'll miss her. How will Sean deal with his affair? How will Julia deal with it once she finds out? Is Christian's nutso model girlfriend going to go psycho on him? It appears so. Can't wait for next week's episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
A little late in commenting on the 9/23/03 episode:

Another hour of thoroughly enjoyable guilty pleasure TV. At least Sean gets an out with his mistress. Christian deserves whatever happened to him. Kimber did pretty well for herself in the end: dumped Christian, got the car, and probably has another plastic surgeon/sugar daddy lined with with Bobilot.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/30/03 Adelle Coffin:

That final scene between Julia and Sean was heart-wrenching. Good solid drama (that you don't get much of elsewhere, I might add).

This is a really compelling show to watch, even though having the old lady from the Drew Carey show spout off as Sean's conscience was really disturbing and creepy at times.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
This is a really compelling show to watch, even though having the old lady from the Drew Carey show spout off as Sean's conscience was really disturbing and creepy at times.
Yeah that was a little over the top, kind of like they are stretching for ideas. The show has been getting better dramatically though, them moment at the end between Julia and Shawn really hit the mark. It looks like Julia and Sean might finally let it all out and get some serious help for there relationship. I’m waiting to see exactly where Christen goes, he seems to be on a downward self emotional spiral ever since we found out he was abused. I’m starting to wonder though. They are throwing allot of stuff at us at once. Will season two of this show be any good? I’m starting to think this might be a one season wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks