What's new

The official Survivor Season 22 Redemption Island: Russell vs. Rob discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by mike caronia

David really rocked that puzzle challenge tonight.

Not.

Phillip is the perfect goat...if Rob's slobberers don't wise up and kill him now, he'll be taking one of their places next to Rob at the finals. I'd love to see Steve slide by and get to the end and win with a bitter jury...Rob vs Phil vs Steve. That would be hysterical.

hey, I was trying to give the smart guy a chance to prove himself. He sure let me down. I don't think he (David) works well under pressure. I hope I never have to use him as a defense attorney.

Mike on the other hand works great under pressure. Must have something to do with being a vet. I think he can easily beat Matt. He is one of the few people left I would not mind winning it all.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Those girls should have gone along with Steve and booted Rob. Could've blown the whole game open.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That soundbite from Rob in the teaser for the next episode makes it sound like he plans on trying to manage the group right down to the end.

"One of us has to go to Redemption Island. That's a fact."

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Rob's girls are so annoying, so far there are no signs that any of them have a single brain cell between them.

I would like to think I'm wrong and they pull some sort of blind side but I would be really surprised. This whole game they have worshiped at the alter of Rob and I just don't see that changing.

Of course I'm not going to let Grant off either, he has been nothing but a lap dog also.

Do any of them realize that they can't take Rob to the final and win?

Perhaps now that they are done with the other tribe perhaps there will be a split since I think the girls really want to can "Crazy" and Rob wants him to go the finals with him.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Other than CBS window dressing, "Rob's girls" have really contributed very little to the whole season. They have managed to cut to them a few times for some reaction shots.

Interesting season. I can't say I'm a fan of the whole redemption island thing, or bringing someone back into the game. I can live with it for a season, but prefer they go back to no redemptions, and no hidden immunity idols. If Matt or Steve got back in and won, it would be pretty interesting though. Matt has had such a disadvantage, he would deserve it.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

Rob's girls are so annoying, so far there are no signs that any of them have a single brain cell between them.

I would like to think I'm wrong and they pull some sort of blind side but I would be really surprised. This whole game they have worshiped at the alter of Rob and I just don't see that changing.

Of course I'm not going to let Grant off either, he has been nothing but a lap dog also.

Do any of them realize that they can't take Rob to the final and win?

Perhaps now that they are done with the other tribe perhaps there will be a split since I think the girls really want to can "Crazy" and Rob wants him to go the finals with him.

The best place to be is between Rob and Phillip. You are almost guaranteed to win.

As Rob Cesternino pointed out in his podcast, Boston Rob has never been on a jury, having gotten booted before merge twice and made it to the finals once. In that season (All Stars) he made the finals in an orgy of backstabbing and blindsides and essentially gave Amber the $1 million. It was one thing to pagong Zapotera -- now the cannibalism starts, and it will likely turn ugly for Rob.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo
The best place to be is between Rob and Phillip. You are almost guaranteed to win.

Totally disagree, if Rob makes it to the final he will win.

Enough of his tribe worship him to the point of absurdity that they will still vote for him once he votes them off.

Your best strat is to dump him now and try to get into the final with Phillip but that would require the girls and Grant to actually have an original thought. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

Totally disagree, if Rob makes it to the final he will win.

Yes, and he deserves to win if he makes it there.

While he does have a tremendous advantage over everyone else, he has played it great, IMO, and he can't just be expected to not use that experience either.

The other team could have used Russell's experience to their benefit like Rob's team, but they looked at his involvement differently and just said "get rid of him, he's played before". Rob certainly warmed up to his tribe and could lead them, where Russell didn't.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
How does anyone assume Rob will win? Consider that Julie, Mike, Steve, and Ralph will not vote for Boston Rob out of spite. That's four out of nine jury votes right there. That leaves only needing one more blindsided Ometepe to be butthurt enough to not vote for Rob to swing 5 votes the other way. My prediction is that there will be at least two if not three butthurt Ometepe who will vote against Rob. Who knows what David will do.

In many ways, Rob's best chance is to not take Phillip to the finals and hope that vote splitting will allow him to win without a majority vote.

Of course, this all presumes things like Rob going to the finals. This game turns on a dime ya know?

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
You can never assume that anyone will win…but you have to vote for someone.

I don’t see anyone voting for Phillip, no matter how mad they may be at Rob – No one on either team likes him - especally after playing the race card, and Rob is smart enough to see this and bring him along for the ride. I think if they bring only 2 people to the finals, and they are Rob and Phillip – then Rob will win. Even if somehow Phillip makes a great speech about playing the nut-job card, I don’t think they will by it and vote for Phillip to win.

If they have a 3 person final – then I am afraid that whatever mindless bimbo is along for the ride may win by default. This has happened before.

I am hoping for yet another twist – like two people from the “regular” game and one person from redemption island being in the final. The rules seem to be changing as they go, so you never know…

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Martino

If they have a 3 person final – then I am afraid that whatever mindless bimbo is along for the ride may win by default. This has happened before.

Since there will be a 9 member jury, it will be a 3 person final.

The one huge misstep in Rob's game has been his complete neglect in currying votes from Zapatera. He needs votes from these jury members, but he's basically freezing them out and causing them to resent him. Even though Yul was the known mastermind behind eliminating the Rarotonga tribe, he got votes from Adam, Jonathan and Candice. I don't know if Rob is getting any Zapatera votes outside of perhaps David.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
The one huge misstep in Rob's game has been his complete neglect in currying votes from Zapatera.

I actually think Rob is trying to get votes from the Zapatera tribe.

Seems like during one of his many 1-1 with the camera man, he said something like "I want my guys to hate Zapatara and be mean to them. I won' t be mean to them though because I need their votes." I'm not sure if this will work, but he does seem to be aware of it.
EDIT: I found the section from the recap of the web site that makes the same point: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/recaps/2209/recaps.php?season=22

Rob explains, “I want my group to hate Zapatera. It’s us versus them and we’re better than them. “ Rob plans on letting his tribe do the dirty work, while he tries to stay on people’s good side, so he can get their votes in the end.

His bimbo's are just lazy around the camp and also seem rude to the Zapatera tribe members...and Phillip is just a rude nut case. If they make it to the finals, he can pull the outplay card, point to the bimbo being lazy and mean to them, and then just point at Phillip and ask if you want to give Mr. Pink undies a million dollars...

It is going to be interisting on when Rob tries to get rid of Grant - as I can see Grant winning some of the challenges and throwing a wrench into the works...I don't think that Rob wants to take Grant to the finals.

I'm looking forward to see how the remaining members turn on each other...

EDIT: Found out from the same recap who the bimbo is...seems like Natalie is the one he is planning on taking with him...She will probally win it all...

In fact, Rob reveals, “Natalie and Phillip are coming to the final three with me.”

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thinking it won't matter if Rob makes it to the finals if either Matt or a Zap make it to the final 3 with him in the end. In that scenario, the Zap might have the 5 votes needed to win. So Rob needs to not only end up in the final 3, but bring only contestants from his crew with him.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I agree with the above that if Matt makes it, he's a dead set lock. He'll have two big cards to play: everyone thinks he's always been a nice guy, he hasn't had a chance to double cross anyone; the people who were voted out and met him in challenges @ Redemption Island get a pretty warm welcome - because he has no need to make a strategy of anything other then be a good guy; there is no voting anyone out on Redemption island, it's win or go home, so no one there can say he got them; and he'll say "I fought the hardest road here; I had to win at redemption all the way.. I outlasted everyone there. People thought they had moved me somewhere where I couldn't win - twice - and I outplayed them.

So yes, I'm rooting for Matt. I think the people in the current tribe hate phillip but they've all decided that everyone wants to take him to the final 3 with them for just that reason. "We hate him, so.. he's who I want next to me at the very end because he'll get no votes". That strategy could backfire. But it seems like a lot of them share that thought.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It sure did--at the RI challenge--look like Steve had totally checked out a long time before.

My wife said it didn't even look like he was trying to win.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I kept saying wait, wasn't he an NFL QB? How can he miss? But then I found out he was just a lineman - lol

Still he did looked checked out.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
This season sucks. Bringing Rob back for fourth time is ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as the fact that his sheep have not turned on him. It seems the show is rigged for him to win. Redemption Island was briefly interesting when it was one on one and the loser is out. They keep adding more people, making it easier for Matt to be still in the game. If someone is voted out twice they should not have a chance to win Survivor. Who to root for at this point? Grant? Ralph? Anyone but Rob and Matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks