1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Scream Factory Thread

Discussion in 'DVD' started by SWFF, Sep 15, 2012.

1. SWFF

SWFF Screenwriter

Shawn Francis
    https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD

2. SWFF

SWFF Screenwriter

Shawn Francis
    Another post from Scream Factory page in response to a poster asking if TERRORVISION and THE NEST would be on blu-ray:

"We are still assessing the transfers and will comment on these two at a later date. Please understand that not every release from our new deal will be able to be in Bluray format due to several factors. We'll try our best but we have budgets to adhere to, quality standards we need to be at. Thanks for understanding."

3. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    The wait is nearly over for Shout! Factory's first two titles from their Scream Factory line, Halloween II (1981) and Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1983), being released this coming Tuesday. Looking forward to see how the transfers look on Blu-ray (and also looking forward to seeing the TV cut of Halloween II on DVD (the Scream Factory title Halloween II being a DVD/Blu-ray combo).

4. cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC Premium
    Supporter

Luis
    Halloween II isn't among my favorite Halloween sequels but it's the kind of release that's really hard to pass up. The transfer is superb, the extras are terrific - an overall awesome Blu-ray topped off by snazzy new cover art (in addition to the original poster art, which is ALWAYS a plus). Looking forward to PHANTASM II, a longtime personal favorite. Never seen DEATH VALLEY but it's been on my wantlist since day 1.
    The acquisition of (some of) the MGM catalog is the best news ever! It's a great time to be a horror/cult film enthusiast.

5. MLamarre

MLamarre Second Unit

Matthew Lamarre
    Very excited about the releases of PHANTASM II and TERRORVISION and about the possibility of THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN and THE VIDEO DEAD coming to this label.

6. Guest

Im hoping Without Warning and Incredible Melting Man are on the list of titles theyve acquired.

7. MLamarre

MLamarre Second Unit

Matthew Lamarre
    The possibilities of this deal are endless...just from my wishlist of unreleased MGM horror:
    Next of Kin (1982)
    Stone Cold Dead
    Death Weekend (The House by the Lake)
    The Borrower
    and some Larry Cohen:
    The Ambulance
    Full Moon High
    Special Effects
    Not to mention all of the ones they can re-release with better transfers and special features...

8. SWFF

SWFF Screenwriter

Shawn Francis
    Cliff mentioned in a post on Blu-Ray.com that they've already chosen all the movies. The list is locked. God, I hope most of the ones I want are on it.

9. SWFF

SWFF Screenwriter

Shawn Francis
  10. Guest

Ive never seen & / or heard of many of these. If I had to guess, Id say it would be one of the top 2 on your list. I just hope we all get something we want as Fridays come

11. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    I just hope we get a nice, sparkling 16x9 enhanced SE Blu of LIFEFORCE out of the deal.

12. SWFF

SWFF Screenwriter

Shawn Francis
    I'm almost sure that's a given. I also think they must have THE DARK HALF, SCANNERS and LORD OF ILLUSIONS all of which could use new, spiffy editions.

13. Marcel H.

Marcel H. Supporting Actor

Renny Harlin's Prison (1988) was announced today as forthcoming on DVD and Blu-ray in 2013.

14. Kneeteartap

Kneeteartap Auditioning

REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD is Paramount.
    DEATH WEEKEND is Lionsgate.

15. cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC Premium
    Supporter

Luis
    THE VIDEO DEAD (1987) has been announced, for the three of us on here who care for this sort of thing.

16. Guest

I heard its a well sought after/popular title...I have heard of it but havent seen it..probably rent it first, just like Prison and TerrorVision

17. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Stunt Coordinator

Make that 4! Another nice addition for my zombie collection. ;)

18. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

More or less, the same here (I've seen Prison though). I'm hoping Scream does some more early 1980's stuff rather than late 80's but it's still nice to see some more obscure titles come out.

19. MLamarre

MLamarre Second Unit

Matthew Lamarre
    All 3 announced titles so far have been on my wishlist so this is getting better and better for me by the week. :)

20. Guest

Like Cliff said in the fear.net article there will be *popular * titles like They Live along with the lesser or unknowns but to an audience that has seen them ( Video Dead, Death Valley) I can see a lot of VHS tapes being sold online. I think its a good business model to have diversity...