What's new

***The Official Omnibus Consolidated IS WARNER ABANDONING SNAPPER CASES? Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Joel C

Screenwriter
If thinner cases means NexPaks or however you spell it, I'm all for it. If all my discs were in those cases, I could empty two entire shelves that are taking up space right now.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I must say this is exciting news!! Really exciting!!

Now if we could just get WARNER to have more a commitment to 384kbs DD and more DTS output they would be letter perfect!!

I don't think anyone can question their video transfers!! Consistently among the best you'll see!

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
When WARNER Austrailia went Keepcase a few years back-they had a web page or phone # for one to call to get keepcase art inserts as they gradually sold off the remaining snapper stocks and did 'the switch'
Dont remember if they were free-or a minor charge.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Very EXCITING news! I'm glad they are issuing more titles in keepcases. And thinner cases are fine for TV shows, and multi-disc sets, but please put all regular single-disc movies in regular keepcases.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Yeah!!!!

It's about time!! Now lets dump the digipaks. Just say no to cardboard and the ultimate edition/SITC plastic junk. I hate the thinpaks for single releases because the spines are not visible at all, but will gladly take them over digipaks any day.

I guess we'll have to find something else to disagree with Cees on. ;)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I find that I'm preferring the slimcases over everything else, for a couple of reasons -- it's impossible for the disc to fall off its spindle, and the amount of shelf space is drastically reduced.

However -- not being able to read the spines easily is a problem. Perhaps the slimcases could be modified to be the width of a CD case, at least...

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
When WARNER Austrailia went Keepcase a few years back-they had a web page or phone # for one to call to get keepcase art inserts as they gradually sold off the remaining snapper stocks and did 'the switch'
I like it though how Warner Australia releases are in a transparent Amaray cases with double sided covers (usually with the chapter listing on the inside), much like the R1 Superbit release of Adaptation.

I'd say it looks much classier than a black Amaray without insert.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Boy, the people who bought Ivy Hill must have been dolts not to require WB to keep buying snappers from them....it's not like anyone else is using them. Unless there were some other assets that Ivy Hill had that were the real focus of the acquisition....

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Boy, the people who bought Ivy Hill must have been dolts not to require WB to keep buying snappers from them....it's not like anyone else is using them.
It should have come down to simple economics. When WB owned Ivy Hill not only did the keep the profits from sales of the DVD cases "in house" - but they also didn't have to pay a royalty to Amray for the keep case.

Once Ivy Hill was sold the costs for keepcases vs. snappers probably began to be comparable (especially without having to produce an insert) - and it also gave them an easy way to get out of the commitment they were under to their sister division for the snappers.

Synergy can be an ugly word in the corporate world when it comes to forcing consumers to buy something they do not want (like snapper cases).

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Both Rankin Bass' "Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas In July" + "Frosty's Winter Wonderland / Twas The Night Before Christmas" which are scheduled for release on Oct. 5th are going to be in snapper cases.

Looks like WB hasn't changed their stance when it comes to "kiddy fare".

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Unless these are packaged together in a box-set, I'll be skipping both.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks