What's new

**** The official "Curb your Enthusiasm" discussion thread (1 Viewer)

An insider tells me that there will be a DVD set of CYE Seasons 1 and 2 ready for holiday giving this year ... no word on extras or inclusion of the hour-long pilot, though.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
An insider tells me that there will be a DVD set of CYE Seasons 1 and 2 ready for holiday giving this year ... no word on extras or inclusion of the hour-long pilot, though.
Sweet, can't wait.

BTW, did anyone have a problem with the picture in the last 2 shows that just aired? It seemed delayed and the faces and mouths weren't in sync with the words; plus at the end of the "Affirmative Action" episode as Larry walks up the stairs I could see trails as his head moved.

At first I thought I was having flashbacks(lol) or that it was just that one night but the other times I have watched it this week it still does it.

"Daddy, Larry isn't so stupid now."

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I love when they're looking at the house and come out, and all Larry can say is "Was that really 100% kashmere?" and they look at him as if he's an idiot (hard to argue with that some times :)).
Or when Jason Alexander and Larry discuss George Costanza and Larry gets all pissed off because people see George as an idit... "I DID THAT! I ATE AN ECLAIRE FROM THE TRASH!" :laugh:
The whole car salesman bit is just painful too, especially with the whole thing about how he keeps saying he knows someone with that name.. argh. And then when he FINALLY got the sale and Richard Lewis comes in... man, I wanted to punch Lewis in the face for messing up Larry's deal. :)
/Mike

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I know I am a little late but I just now have been able to post....

John, those two quotes had be cracking up! Just the tone of him saying "you got nuthin on me." made me flip out.

When Cheryl saw the ocean front view and Larry said "You'll be use to that in two days." was so Larry David.

I really can't blame Richard Lewis for ruining Larry's sale b/c he had no idea what was going on and Larry David did just pay cash! for a huge beach front house. Plus Richard was all mad at Larry for telling Jeff(I love his wife's character btw) he was high maintenance.

"Your dad is just a big fat phony"

This show is just to great.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone notice the odd comment about how Larry and Cheryl thought the house looked "different" after they moved in compared to how it looked when they were there to buy it?

It seemed like an odd comment until I realized that I don't really remember seeing the ocean after that first episode. I wonder if that comment was a little joke about them changing filming locations. I looked at the house in both scenes, and it looks like the same house, except that when he comes home to it the first time it's dark and they don't show the ocean outside. I wonder if they did the first scene on location, and the others are done in a studio or something like that. Anyone know?

/Mike

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
New season starts September 15th!
I'm glad we got these reruns to tie us over at least... I tape every episode and watch it 2 or 3 times (just like I did with Seinfeld, actually). I just can't get enough of it. Like this week's episode with Larry not wanting to go for drinks and deserts with Cheryl... and her look at the end when the social worker comes by to check on the complaint about abuse, like "Hmmm.... maybe I should report him". Priceless. :)
/Mike

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
my favorite scene was when they were standing in front of the movie theater and the neighbor-guy asks, "are you jewish?"
larry is all "you want to check out my penis?"
man, i almost fell off the couch! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
All funny scenes and quotes! Mike that quote is too funny.
This show is just brilliant and I just can't get enough of it.
This week Larry did himself in on a couple of things; what the heck was he thinking trying to go golfing on his wife's birthday? And why in the heck would he lie to the handicapped man about golfing? He did deserve what he got there.
Also, I was cheering Larry on for not giving the non-costume wearing girls a treat, good for him:). When Larry tried to make bald people into their own group and wanted the girls prosecuted for what they wrote was hilarious. "Officer, you shave your head as a fashion statement and we don't consider you part of the group."
Larry finally got some pay-back now when he told Cob that he was the liar and not Larry. Can't believe Cob's wife snitch and lied about Larry. Also, Larry's revenge on Walter(?) that night with the band playing Wagner(sp?).
I didn't see much of the second episode(will watch tonight) but I did see when Cheryl and Larry were play hitting in the car and that cracked me up. "That man is a menace, I have seen the things Larry David can do!"(or along those lines)
"How's your step-father Larry?" lol and can't wait for September 15!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:laugh: What he actually said was "Larry David is an animal, and he must be stopped."
I see nobody has mentioned what he said at the poker game yet!? :laugh:
quote...
"Oh you ****! What a ****!!" I was so ashamed that my FACE turned red at that point! :b
That part where he walked into the house singing that cowboy song 'Rollin Rollin Rollin' but gleefully messed up the last part killed me! :laugh:
quote...
"Their just using Halloween for their own selfish purposes!"
"How far do they take these tricks!? I didn't know that a felony was a trick!"
"No treat...trick!"
:laugh: :laugh:
I cannot wait until September 15th!!

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
A question about the Trick Or Treat episode.

When Larry David is leaving the man and daughters house and he is yelling "Larry Davis sleeps with the wife of a handicapped man!" are they parodying a scene from some dramatic movie? When the camera gets close to the dad's face it has that feel to me.

Also, when Larry is going to Cob's place to get the bracelet for Cheryl and Cob comes out while Larry is by the pool was that a parody from a movie also? Thanks.

I watched both last night and when Larry says to Cob "Bull S***!", that just craked me up and rewound it

I still can't believe Larry used the word C*** at the poker game, that is such a strong/bad word. Also, I have to agree with Larry on just having a drink or dessert at the same place you are going to get dinner instead of going to a couple places that evening. My dad, friend, and I all side with Larry but my friends girlfriend sides with Cheryl.

"Larry, take your 475 million and go buy your own freaking shrimp boat!"

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
"He implicated that I lied about my step-father!!"
"But you don't have a step-father!"
"I know, but I didn't like the implication!"
:laugh:
Jeremiah, I don't think they were parodies of a specific movie (although I could be wrong).
/Mike

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
A point I seem to have missed that I'd appreciate someone illuminating: Why did Larry switch from Lexus to the Prius ? I missed a couple eps a couple weeks ago and think it was in one of those.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
You know, I wondered about that too, and then I was wondering if he even had a Lexus at all, and that he had had the Prius all along. There was no mention of the switch at least, as far as I know.
The only thing I can figure is that Cheryl, being an environementalist, forced him to switch... after all, she forbids him from working with NBC since GE is, in her opinion, a major polluter. :)
/mike

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Thanks Mike.

Who else noticed that Bob Cobb was also the name of "The Maestro" on Seinfeld? Not a huge deal but I was like "hey, that was the name of the maestro." I also heard the name Bob Gack I think a couple of weeks back.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Not only that Jeremiah, but the name of the hotel where Cob's grandfather allegedly created this salad, was called 'The Drake' hotel. As in "Gotta LOOOOVE the Drake!" from Seinfeld. :)
I'm waiting for 'Art Vandelay' to make an appearance soon. ;)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Two great episodes yesterday, as usual.

In the first episode, the whole scene where Larry was having lunch with the guy was hilarious.

"You ever catch your parents having sex? Me neither. I know they did...I dunno when." The guy just kept going on, awkwardly, about the syndrome and Larry just kept spouting such random stuff, so funny.

Some parts of the second ep I didn't get. Why was the Japanese waiter so offended when Larry first asked about the orchids? And then what was the deal with the end where Larry and the acupuncturist are just looking at each other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks