What's new

**** The official "Curb your Enthusiasm" discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Tonights two eps had me howling! :laugh: Especially the second ep with the obituary!
Poor Larry, this ep is a prime example of how even when he's trying to be helpful, it blows up in his face! :laugh:
With every episode that I see, i'm becoming more and more convinced that Larry David just may be the funniest man alive!
Another aspect of the show that we havn't really talked about yet is the great, and funny, music that plays during each episode. Sometimes I can't get those tunes out of my head! :laugh:

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
John, I love the theme song especially the 3 diffrent interuptions(I have no idea what they are called) during the song. The first one when the note zips up and the base hits, the second with the trombone's(or whatever it is) bum, bum, bum, bum; and the 3rd with musical serenade.

Man I don't know how much of Larry David on CYE is truly Larry David but that guy is a piece of work regardless.

You could just tell that he wasn't having a good time at the dinner party and at the end "Somebody lost a bet." LOL. "Oh you get 10% of my income AND 10% of my food?"

The obituary was hillarious especially seeing how uncomfortable Larry was sitting on that couch; "We must go on! We can't go on! We must go on!" Watching Cheryl's expressions when Larry was "mourning" with the rest of them on the couch was classic. Also, when Larry told her parents he loved them! Finally, when Larry was getting pissed trying to explain to Jeff he didn't copp a feel was just too funny.

Larry David is just too funny.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
From watching CYE I am getting pretty good at spotting Larry during his numerous cameos in Seinfeld (the man in the cape, the guy who wouldn't take George's money because he coloured the lips on it, Steinbrenner (of course)).

He is so good on CYE that I wonder why he wasn't on Seinfeld more often.

---

And now... "Classic Curb"

Cheryl: "I'm tapping!"

Larry: "I'm all tapped out - if you know what I mean."

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I missed last night's show! Argh! Fortunately it runs again, I think. I'll comment on it then. :)

Ike

Screenwriter
I've now seen enough Curb....to say I'm officially hooked. I missed last night's first episode (I'll catch it tonight on HBO2), but the second one was great. I especially loved Larry's break down of when you could break up with your girlfriend after a relative dies, and his constant insistence that those are the exact sunglasses Elizabeth Taylor wears.

I'm sure this is common knowledge, but does anyone know when, or if, there is going to be a new season? Will we see the first 2 on DVD?

(Anybody else catch the TV Geek from Beat The Geeks as the gas station clerk?)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
(Anybody else catch the TV Geek from Beat The Geeks as the gas station clerk?)
Yeah that was funny, and he wasn't bad either. Wonder if that was before or after BTG premiered.

As it is HBO, I'd say there's a very good chance of seeing a DVD release by season, especially after the Emmy nominations.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Oh my God, last night's episodes were GREAT. I was just squirming in my seat several times!
When Larry was forced to retell his "joke" about affirmative action in front of the group of black men and women, and then that woman who was pissed at him came in... argh, I just about died of laughter and embarrassment. :)
And then to follow that with the episode about the incest survivor group and "The vagina monologues"... that double bill nearly killed me. When he said "Hi, I'm Todd and I'm an incest survivor" I just wanted to sink through the floor.
He is really good at creating humor out of uncomfortable situations. :)
/Mike

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
So true MickeS, his humor in those situations is outstanding.

You could see the terror on Larry's face when he saw the living room full of black men and women. Once he was able to explain his bad joke they loosened up quite a bit but when that other girl walked in.....it was all over.

Also, when Larry and Sofia(Richards girlfriend) were flipping each other off and saying "c'mon and bring it" was classic, especially when Larry was leaving and they had the nice "Oh see you later" face on.

Now where to begin with the Vagina Monologues, except it was brilliant. "Hi, my name is Todd and I'm an incest survivor." I could keep still, and hearing that one women talking about all her family doing what they did was just out of control.

"This is Wendy(?) my wife's friend, she is also my friend too."

"Oh thanks Larry."

That just cracked me up.

I couldn't believe Larry told his wife he was thinking about his ex-girlfriend while masturbating and then said he didn't want to defile Cheryl by inserting her into his fantasy. "She was difficult and didn't want to partake in the lesbian scenes so I won't think about her anymore, I will insert a young Sophia Lauren."

Jeff is in some serious trouble now with his wife.

Brian O

Second Unit
CYE is a great show. You have to have a little patience to let each show unfold, but the payoff is always worth it. I tell my friends this that I have recommended the show to.

The other great HBO comedy is The Mind Of A Married Man. Make sure you give that one a chance too.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
gawd, i'm so pissed at myself for not catching this show earlier. :angry: last night was the first time i've seen it. ack! i've already missed most of the first and second season reruns too. please let them rerun this again!
oh well, i know what i'll be doing monday nights...that's for sure!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thanks jeremiah...i guess i thought i missed more then i did. can i get a woo-hoo? :)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Just watched the Tivo'd eps from yesterday. My god, the whole thing where he was making fun of the doctor in the car for not being able to call on a weekend, and then later when he got so excited about figuring out the navigation system, had be rolling.

It's so funny because it's like just when you think the situation can't any worse, it does. Like the line producer being at the doctor's house, and then the lady from The Vagina Monologues throwing out Larry's uncle.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I'm glad more and more people are discovering this show. To me, one of the things that makes it a great comedy is its rewatchability.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
A bit late, but Curb Your Enthusiasm has become one of my favorite TV shows lately. I hope it wins that Emmy! It's more deserving than that other HBO comedy. Just goes to show you, when award season comes, it's not the Emmys or the Oscars that's going to get it right, it's the AFI.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks