What's new

The Official 2009 HTF watch your Blu-ray collection challenge (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Depends on how many thousands--but the same can be said of CDs/albums etc.

I have, roughly, three types of films in my collection (all formats combined, about 600 titles). Work-related. I use full or excerpt screenings in my classes. Heavy rotation (more than twice a year minimum, usually 4 or more: sub section, kid movies). Pretty self explanatory. Covers wide variety of genres. Light rotation/bargains. Films I think others will enjoy and keep on hand to either loan or screen when guests are here (like my dad--we usually have "movie night" when he visits--happens 4-6 times a year)/films that are cheaper than rentals that will get at least two screenings.

With that rough categorization, I could go to 1500-2000 films and still get around to all of them within 5 years. Moreover, when "TV season" is "down" (during re-runs), my movie watching goes way up.

Of course, there is also the collection aspect itself, but that is best left for another thread (as it extends to far more than one type of collection--I have over 5000 books on my shelves and I keep buying new ones--work related, in many cases, but still).

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

You bring to light the darker aspects. It is an illness, but hundreds of dedicated health professionals are racing to find a cure.

For some of us, there is no sunlight, only the light that shines meagerly from an open refrigerator door.

Be wise. Be strong. Early detection and treatment is your best defense.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

It's an excellent question, and one I struggle with constantly. One of my New Year's resolutions is to cut back on impulse buys and to stop pre-ordering and wait for sales. I went a bit overboard with Blu-ray Disc purchases last year, especially during Amazon's Black Friday sale. So the first order of business this year has been watch those impulse purchases, hence the 'dreck' in my list thus far :D, and purge them from my collection.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
What the heck. . .I'll jump in.

I was in the middle of watching Ratatouille when the challenge began, so it counts. https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/8/8d/htf_images_smilies_smile.gif">

[b]January:[/b] [list] [*][b]Ratatouille[/b] - ;)
Edited by Aaron Silverman - 7/23/2009 at 03:36 pm GMT
Edited by Aaron Silverman - 7/23/2009 at 03:37 pm GMT

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Joseph, don't you know you can sticky any topic yourself?
Go to the thread tools drop down and sticky it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks