What's new

"The Office" Series Two on BBC-America (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
BBC America finally started airing Series Two of The Office last night. Episode One was every bit as hilarious as the best of the first series, so I can't wait to see the rest of it. It's a wonderful "Dilbert meets Spinal Tap humor of painful embarassment" amalgam. :)

Regards,

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Yup, it's good to have it back. BBC doesn't seem to have given it as much hype as the first series, which suprised me a little.

And can I say I hate this trend of showing clips of the next "section" at the start of an adbreak? They're doing it with The Office, and Spike do it with Joe Schmoe. Damn annoying.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
One annoyance was that the showing was not letterboxed even though it looked like it should have been. The previous series was shown letterboxed, and the framings for this one seemed off. In particular, whenever there was a two shot, it seemed to be drawing my attention to the space between the two partially cropped out characters rather than the characters themselves.

Is BBC-America airing it in two different formats during different time slots, or is series two all going to be framed like this?

Regards,

Joey

Stunt Coordinator
Did you see Ricky Gervais in town last week (and on David Letterman) when the DVD for the first series came on sale here in the U.S.? I do agree that unlike the first series, BBCA isn't showing an advert for it every 10 mins!

And yes, it's a shame that they're not preserving the aspect ratio. The R2 DVD of the second series goes on sale in the UK next week!

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Yeah what a great show this is. I don't have BBC America but I was in England last year so I got to see the whole second series. It was great and it's such a shame that there isn't going to be a third one.

I picked up the DVD of the first Series last week. It was just as funny as I remembered.

Great Show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks