What's new

Blu-ray Review The Office Season 7 Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Thanks for the contest. I have picked up every season of the show so far, and I would love to win a copy for a change. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
BobO'Link said:
I thought I read S7 was to be the last season. What happened? Corporate greed over a rare successful series?
It probably should have been the last season but no one attached to the show ever said it was. Near the beginning of the season, Carell said he would be leaving and NBC & the producers said that the series would continue without him.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Didn't start watching the Office until 2 years ago. Have finished season 5 and will start 6 soon. Another great review from HTF and look forward to seeing this.

MariD

Auditioning
Real Name
Mari
The Office is my favorite show. Michael Scott is definitely the heart of the show, and I was sad to see him leave, but in the end it's good he left at the top of his game. I believed that TO would be a sinking ship without him, but I was pleasantly surprised at the last 3 episodes. Because Michael had no much screen time, we barely got a line or two out of Creed, Meredith, Stanley etc., each episode. But, with the void left by Michael, there was room for some characters to shine. I especially thought Creed was in top form as the interim manager. I have high hopes next season for Season 8, I'm looking forward to James Spader, not as a replacement, but as an addition to the cast.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
While this season wasn't a favorite of mine, I still enjoy the heck out of it. It'll be interesting to see how it does post-Carell.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Cool! This season was a lot of fun. Looking forward to watching it again. Sad to see Michael leave, but it was a lot of fun too.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Kevin EK said:
I think Season 7 was known to be the last season for Steve Carell, but not necessarily the last one for the series. We'll have to see if they can get more than another year without him. Really depends on the strength of the ensemble, and of the man brought in to fill his part. Sometimes this works out (Kirstie Alley in Cheers), sometimes it doesn't (Coy and Vance Duke)...
TravisR said:
It probably should have been the last season but no one attached to the show ever said it was. Near the beginning of the season, Carell said he would be leaving and NBC & the producers said that the series would continue without him.
That's quite possibly what I read but didn't give it full attention. Honestly I can't see the series without Carell but, as Kevin indicates, a major star/cast menber leaving *has* worked in the past for other series. The good part is I only watch this series on DVD so I'll know the impact of his leaving well before season 8 comes out.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I love the office and I'll add this to my collection even if it hasn't been the best season. I love watching Office marathons late at night regardless of what season it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks