What's new

The Office season 5 (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Nope it was Dwight in the finale last year, because they were hazing the new person.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
My biggest LOL moment was when they caught the 'cake eaters' and Dwight kicking the cake and saying 'Happy Birthday Stanley' with the cake flying everywhere.

Angela calling Kevin an idiot and Holly coming to his defense was great too.

I really enjoyed the whole episode and amd very happy The Office is back.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
no love for Michael falling down the stairs *TWICE*?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Michael: What is wrong with these people? That have no will power; I went -- I once went 28 years without having sex. And then, again -- for seven years.Spoken like a true accountant, Kevin.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Business Ethics

Not a great episode, but still funny.

Liked Creed's line in the begining
"The tall guy got engaged."
I'm wondering if Creed even knows Jim's name

Very funny when Jim went over to talk to Andy in front of Dwight to irritate
him and talk like he knew nothing about Battlestar Galactica, and get him to break his ethical working status.
And just seeing Dwight cringe and stopping himself from saying something.

Nice end how the other HR rep Kendell, let Meredith keep doing her sex discount situation

And here is that Cookie Monster, Chocolate Rain You Tube video Michael was obsessed with.
Seems like lots of Office fans are trying to make this video popular.

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
Not as great as the premier episode, and Pam doesn't appear. Coincidence? I still thought it was funny though.

I liked Jim's stopwatch fun with Dwight. I loved the Battlestar Galactica stuff with Andy. "Is it me, or is every episode a scene-by-scene remake of the original?" And then when Jim "confused" BSG with Lord of the Rings, I thought Dwight was going to blow a vein.

I'm glad Meredith got some lines and a bigger plot role this week.

I felt bad for Michael and Holly when they disagreed at lunch. Do people near the East Coast typically have lobster for lunch? Here in the Midwest it's for a special occasion, which of course I'm sure Michael thought his lunch with Holly was. I loved the scene back at the office in which Holly wanted a refill on her coffee and Michael walked out of the room holding the pot.

I liked some of the "immunity" confessions, like Angela reporting Oscar to the INS three times. (He's clean.)

I liked how Corporate didn't want to know anything about an actual violation of ethics policy, but only wanted Holly to collect signatures from everyone saying they'd gone through the course.

I loved the scene at the end with everyone eating steaks. "I don't care how she's getting them, just keep 'em coming."

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I kind of took this as a joke that Michael and Holly were being just as bad about corporate ethics by ordering huge lobsters for lunch (I'm assuming the lunch was expensed to the company since they were talking business.)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Michael did say, "Let's bang it out over lunch. Dunder Mifflin's treat. You're not actually a client. You want to split it?"

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Exactly. Michael was essentially stiffing Holly for half the bill on his lobster on their first "date."

What I love about this show is that while Michael is perhaps the most cringeworthy character on television, his motivations are usually pure. By contrast, everybody at corporate seem either extremely corrupt (Kendall the HR rep) or outright crazy (Jan).

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I have to agree with you sdranger619, I had alot of LOL moments,and some of them were just from some of the looks from the characters without saying any lines. Loved the BSG part, and man,I knew when Holly mentioned something about the office coworkers not being like family to Micheal at lunch,yep, it was on! I know how Michael feels about his family at Dunder-Mifflin Scranton Branch

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Thought this was a great episode and as good as the season premiere(which I also thoroughly enjoyed). I know we're only 2 episodes in, but so far this season is off to a MUCH better start than last year. :emoji_thumbsup:

Oh, and the Jim/Dwight Battlestar Galactica stuff was classic. :D

EricW

Senior HTF Member
this episode seemed to have more "reaction shots" of characters looking into the camera sarcastically. usually it's just Jim and Pam that do it. the shot of Angela looking at the camera when Dwight says "plus it's not your real family" and Andy saying "that's not how it works" made me laugh out loud.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
OK, here's what I don't get about this episode. Meredith states that she's been sleeping with the rep from Hammermill for the past 6 years to get discounts on "office supplies". Later, she also refers to them as providing paper.

However, in Season 3's The Convention, it's noted that Hammermill was exclusive with Staples until Michael was able to negotiate that Dunder Mifflin was able to sell their products as well.

I'm pretty sure that that episode took place is less time than the "6 years" as stated by Meredith.

I know it's a nitpick, but found it interesting

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought the baby stuff was mostly over-the-top but the sweet exchanges between Holly and Michael and Jim and Pam made up for it.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry, but I thought that end scene of Jim and Pam talking to each other's voice mail was brutal. The show is really starting to go where I was afraid it would go from them being together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks