What's new

The Office: Season 3 (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
do people really play first person shooters like COD to train office "team-work"? that's strange.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez

Yup! Where I used to work, the company actually had 3D graphics cards installed into our workstations so we could play "capture the flag" over the network. This was to be played over our breaks or off hours of course. I wouldn't be surprised if companies like Google or EA have them too.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I liked this one for the fact that this one showed a little bit of genius in Michael in the ruse that he put Dwight through one he found out he went behind his back.

This show lives or dies with Michael and I like it how every once in awhile, right at the point where we are ready to hate him or write him off as a total idiot, he shows just a bit of humanity or smarts so that we can like him again. This was one of those episodes.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
After doing a marathon of seasons 1 and 2 on DVD to get ready for season 3, I can honestly say that the quality seems to have dropped off a bit in these first 3 episodes. I'm not saying that the shows haven't had their moments, but these new episodes just seem to have more of a "sitcom" feel and as someone else pointed out that isn't a good thing. The first 2 seasons are by far the best TV comedy I've seen since Seinfeld was in its' prime(seasons 3-7) and I just hope The Office isn't already out of ideas so early into its' run. For what it's worth, I've also noticed that My Name is Earl seems to have dropped off a lot from last season as well. :frowning:

Phil Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil Garcia
Yikes, that might have been the most blah episode of all three seasons (10/12). It looked like it was going somewhere...bah.

MatS

Screenwriter
^ I think maybe you had the wrong channel on
tonights ep was head and ...... well shoulders above anything else on tv

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm with Phil and was gonna post the same exact thing before seeing his post. By far the worst episode of the three seasons. I didn't even come close to laughing once. I must have looked at the Tivo "meter" every 2 minutes wondering if it was ever gonna end. I'll forgive this one trifling episode since it's normally a top-notch show.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, didn't like this episode much, besides the chip hunt with Jim and the cute girl... That was sweet.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Really? I thought it was hysterical. At least, up until the bird funeral at the end; that was a little boring.

I actually laughed at a Ryan line for once, his story about his cousin Mufasa. :) And the chips story was great.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I laughed a lot through this episode. Besides the sad movie stories and the chipquest already mentioned, there was the decapitation discussion topped off by Creed's "What did I say?", the bird funeral music peformance of "On the Wings Of Love", and Dwight's "Always!" response to Pam's inquiry about whether he had his recorder with him. I also liked the little character establishing moments like the contemptuous "Did you look in your butt?" and the 2-3 moments of Stanley being Stanley.

Regards,

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It appears last night's episode was either loved it or hated it. My wife and I really enjoyed last night's episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it got funnier as the episode rolled on. Michael and Jan's phone call where she got fed up with him was funny. The stories (movie plots) were a nice touch, and the use of the dead bird to provide catharsis gave Michael a true outlet for his feelings. Good grief!

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
My first exposure to this show was back when NBC re-ran the entire first season as a marathon. I've tuned in ever since.

To date I continue to enjoy watching this show in its third season. To me each show's over much too quickly :).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks