What's new

The O.C. Season 4 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I started watching this show a couple of years ago when our son was still in high school. Now that he is away at college, I am going to try to "cold turkey" this show. I might DVR it for my wife.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ryan's trying to feel something after feeling empty from Marissa's demise, and turned himself into a human punching bag. Summer becomes a hippie activist at Brown. Julie and Doc Roberts' marriage is on the rocks, and Julie is trying to focus on something, anything, to avoid dealing with her feelings. She appears to have passed some info on who did kill Marissa to Ryan at the end. Sandy's back doing public lawyering. Taylor is back from France (maybe, maybe not) and is avoiding her mother for some reason. Seth is where he should be, torturing little girls at a comic book store. Not sure what Ki-Ki's doing, besides worrying about Ryan. Kaitlyn and her 2 knucklehead boy toys seem to be added on with less thought than usual.

The ratings for the season opener were pretty bad, so I wonder if we'll even get to see the full 16-episode order from Fox this season.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Head's up: FOX just announced that next week there will be new episodes of "OC" on both Wednesday and Thursday nights.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Uh oh...double episodes every week! Does that mean Fox is trying to burn off the remaining episodes? Uh oh, uh oh!

Personally, if I were Fox, I'd have moved the O.C. to Mondays years ago...it simply can't compete with the high-profile shenanigans on the Big Three. It never could. Notice how well the show did in season one, on Weds...then it (tried) to move to Thursdays, and its been downhill ever since. I feel sorry for this...the show was HUGE in its first year...I can't understand how the mighty can fall so far, so fast.

It's so dumb--the O.C. was a big hit for Fox when it sorely needed big hits. It had huge press and great ratings (for Fox). Fox then overestimated its popularity and sent it out to Thursday nights to compete with the big boys on Must See TV and whatnot. It clear from the second season premiere that it wasn't going to work, yet they've just left it there all these years. Now they can't even move it back to Weds. 'cause it'd be up against Lost. Monday has always been the perfect night for this type of programming...remember that Melrose Place and Ally McBeal performed well on Mondays, which is when the female demo is watching. Thursday has been the toughest night of the week for about the last 10 or 15 years (unless your name happens to have the initials N.B.C.)

Oh, well, Fox, thank you, thank you, for screwing up the future of yet another great show.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Damn, my girlfriend is going to be pissed when she finds out the new season is already on and she missed the first episode. Horrible PR on Fox's part.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You can watch both the season premiere and the 2nd episode on the same Myspace link as in the first post of this thread.

From the zap2it article, Fox is airing new episodes on Wednesday and Thursday, compare the ratings, and most likely move The O.C. permanently to Wednesday nights (since Lost is going on hiatus, anyway) and I'm guessing filling Thursday's 9 p.m. timeslot with probably repeats, or sacrifice the Rich List once more to world beaters on ABC and CBS.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Here is the complete press release. It says you can watch the season premiere online if you missed it. And yes, the Rich List was already cancelled!!!

ALL-NEW EPISODES OF THE O.C. TO AIR WEDNESDAY, NOV. 8, AND THURSDAY, NOV. 9, ON FOX
Back-to-Back Episodes of TIL DEATH to Air Nov. 9
Viewers can enjoy two all-new hours of THE O.C.s trademark mix of heart, humor, drama, action and romance next week when original episodes of the cult soap air Wednesday, Nov. 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Thursday, Nov. 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Leading off the night on Thursday, Nov. 9 (8:00-8:30 PM and 8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) will be back-to-back episodes of the new comedy TIL DEATH.
In The Gringos episode of THE O.C. airing Wednesday, Nov. 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), Ryan leaves Orange County to put an end to his turmoil, but he comes up empty on his search. Meanwhile, Seth acts like a jackass and finds some new friends (including guest star Steve-O) in Mexico who help him find what hes looking for; Harbor Schools dean forces Kaitlin and Julie to work together on a clothing drive; Julie is ostracized by the Cohens when they learn what shes been up to; and Taylor drops in unannounced on Summer, who continues to separate herself from everything Orange County
Thanksgiving morning finds the Cohen family still dealing with what happened in Mexico in The Cold Turkey episode of THE O.C. Thursday, Nov. 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Sandy makes a deal to help Volchok but lets Ryan intervene and finally settle the score. Wondering if she can deal with Newport, Summer packs to come home for the holiday. And Julie cant deal with Kaitlin or Dr. Roberts and finds herself alone for most of Thanksgiving.
If you missed the season premiere of THE O.C., you can watch it on Fox Interactive Medias Myspace.com/fox and the Fox Television Station Groups MyFoxLocal websites in 24 owned-and-operated markets. The episode is available in high-quality streaming video through Fox on Demand on a free, ad-supported basis and viewers are able to watch it using the FOX Full Throttle video player. The player, delivered by Fox Interactive Media, offers a high-definition, quality viewing experience.
On Thursday, Nov. 9 the all-new TIL DEATH episode Your Mother or Your Wife (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) leads off a full hour of the Brad Garrett comedy. When Jeffs mother comes for a visit, tension builds between him and Steph, and Jeff turns to his neighbors for help. Between Joy insisting he send his mom home and Eddie instructing him to secretly make his mom No. 1, Jeff must learn the delicate art of balancing the women in his life. Next up (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) in The Ring, Eddie finally buys the engagement ring he promised Joy years ago.
EDITORS NOTE: THE RICH LIST and HAPPY HOUR have been pulled from the schedule.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For future reference, please don't link complete articles, provide a link to it, with an excerpt.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
...anyway, everybody please watch it tonight...I don't want it to get cancelled!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, finally it took them 3 episodes to deal with the fallout of Marisa's death.

So, does anyone know if Michael Nouri is really moving on to Grey's Anatomy, or was the Seattle Grace shout-out just a wink to the show?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
If I didn't see it for myself, I wouldn't have even believed this stuff was actually written for TV (even on The O.C.). The unintentional comedy scale was off the charts in this one.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/7/06

This was a pretty entertaining episode.

The party at the Roberts place via Kaitlyn was off the hook, good times.

Ryan regains a bit of his mojo. Summer and Seth are finally back on the same coast. Bullet is lucky his has money because he has no sense.

Sadly, the ratings for this show will never be as high as they were a few years ago.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah its a shame, as the show is definatly back on track this season. I just hope if Fox decides to cancel the show, that they get to do a proper ending

Duane R

Second Unit
I would agree that since the Marissa/Volchek ordeal was settled in the first few episodes, things have improved and I hope they continue to build on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks