What's new

The O.C. Season 3 Discussion (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This show is just downright brutal these days...yet I still keep watching.

That whole thing with Seth lying about not getting into Brown was painful to watch...then when he had the chance to "come clean" he still lied with no real reason to. I guess he's just a compulsive liar now?

Yeah really...even if everyone just "happened" to get their letters on the same day (without knowing ahead of time) it would have been more believable.

WadeLil

Stunt Coordinator
If these shows are as predictable as i think heres whats gonna happen with the SETH/BROWN thing.Hes gonna recieve an exceptance letter from BERKLEY and so will his girl and they both will be able to go to the same school imo.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Obviously, they will all have to end up at the same school to keep the show going (realistically). I'm just not sure about Berkeley since it would be so far away from the parents, but I guess they could keep that going for a while. It was obvious from the get-go that no one was going to Brown. Unless they do something like Summer goes there to start the semester, but ends up coming back.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You mean like how Dawson went out west, but found his way back to the east on Dawson's Creek? :D

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I said that exact thing to my wife. It is amazing that letters from the east coast arrive on the very same day as from the same state.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anna's hair extensions look ridiculous on her.

Seth killed me with the "I'm half-Indian, half-Jewish, I'm a Hin-Jew." line.

Well, Ryan can believe easier now since Theresa confirmed the paternity of her boy.

Summer's gonna stew for the entire plan ride home, damn, that would suck.

Marissa going back to Volchuk's pad was ick-ville.

Kirsten's off the wagon once again.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
There were so many things wrong with this episode I can't even begin to get into it. Why do I even watch?

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Right now, it looks like Patrick is one of the 4 people that watch this show on a weekly basis :-P

Duane R

Second Unit
I guess I make viewer #5. I think the show's drift is due to the fact that Josh Schwartz's involvement in the show seems to be less and less. It's too bad, because they have a cast that can put out good TV when there's decent writing to work with...

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
And I'm viewer #6. I watch it as a bit of harmless fluff so I don't get too upset if I miss an episode.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Apparently from what I have read in Entertainment Weekly and on TVguide.com this show was dangerously close to the ax since the buzz is gone, this season, creatively, has been a wash and the ratings are way down.
Josh Schwartz is quoted as saying that there will be some retooling next year and all characters may not be back. I am one that thinks it needs it. I have stopped watching on a regular basis when they had the whole Evil Dean plotline at the High School early in the season. The Jeri Ryan plot didnt help.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I can't think of one story line that has been even remotely entertaining this season. Again...I ask...why do I watch this show?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Loved the Summer front flip off the short balcony at prom. It's funnier if you replay it a few time in a row.

Ryan brings the pain on Vomit finally. But has he killed Vomit? Hmm...

Kirsten keeps lying to herself, can't come clean about falling off the wagon.

Marissa always returns to the bottle during "trying" times.

Anna is being wasted as Seth's Cupid.

Big Korea was cheesy/lame.

Taylor can scream like a banshee.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I started watching the show in the middle of the first season because our teenaged son was watching the show. He went off to college and my wife and I got hooked and are still watching the show. It will be interesting to see what they do next year with at least 3 main characters leaving to go to college. Will they introduce new characters and then just have the college kids on a semi-regular basis?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If the show returns, the rumors are that Marisa's little sister will return to re-invigorate the teen element, and I wouldn't put it past the writers to keep the core characters (Seth, Summer, Ryan) close to the O.C. and have them go to local colleges nearby. Marisa might not return because Mischa Barton doesn't seem to want to come back to the O.C., so she might be written out, and actually be sent off to Stanford.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought Big Korea was the funniest thing the OC has EVER done. When they were taking pictures and he did the thing with his hands for the picture...classic. I guess that's just my warped sense of humor.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I watched the finale last night. Now, I never was a big fan of Marissa, but I dont agree with killing her character off. I understand that Micha Barton wants to do other things, and thats great and all, but her characters death was not neccessary. They should have at least had marissa go on her trip with her father and leave the show.

Even when she died, it felt wrong. no kiss w/ Ryan, not even a goodbye, or an "I Love You". I dont know why, But the episode really bothers me. I feel a lot of things felt forced. First off, Ryan who lives w/ a rich family and has been driving a Range Rover for teh past 3 years, was given a crappy car by his poor mother. I dont see that happening. and second, it was a bit out of character for Ryan to step on the gas instead of the brake when Volchek was running them off the road. Anyway, Perhaps nobody agrees with me, and normally shows dont bother me, but I think the show took a wrong turn. Litterally. From what I see online in other forums, a lot of viewers do not like how it ended. I'm just wondering what the general consensus is on here. Lets face it, most other forums are younger viewers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks